Learning to Fly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning to Fly!

This post is not against the nest. The people there i love dearly. This is maybe I hope a bridge from the nest to us little birds waiting to fly again. I am hoping beyond all the caring in my little heart is this is how as a group we can forge the next chapter in recovery. I hope I don't step on the nest. But I feel like we need a next step place.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Learning to Fly!

FD...I hear ya! First, congrats on your almost 6 months! You should be very proud, and I love the way you are here to support people. I don't post so much these days, as with my new found AF energy, I am able to do so much more with life, and having kids at home especially during the summer things are always busy.

I just hit the 7 month mark 2 days ago, and I still feel like a fledgling. Less than a year ago, I would have never imagined that I could go AF. I simply adore the power that being AF has given me, and do not feel like I have been missing something one bit. I just returned from a 3 week vacation with many opportunities to drink. I can't say that it never crossed my mind, but I am quick to dismiss it in any situation I have been presented with so far. I saw what 1 Margarita did to my husband (it was a strong one according to him, and we were at a high altitude), and was so glad I don't go there any more.

I love the idea of "learning to fly", (2 of my fav groups, Pink Floyd and Foo Fiters have songs by that name and I love them both). It really describes what we are doing at this point. I don't even know what the end goal is, I just want to keep learning to fly...

:h

p.s. I see we both have our mood set to "Learning"
    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Learning to Fly!

You both are doing great!!
      Have fun flying solo but remember we will always look out for one another
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Learning to Fly!

Dear Nest Mom Lav,
        I don't plan on flying solo...I think FD is looking for new flyers like himself. I know I can't go it alone. I read MWO first thing in the morning and last thing at night (on my phone...in bed). I am inspired by so many of these wonderful folks. I just wish I could find the right words to lend more support sometimes.
        BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Learning to Fly!

Hi FD!!!!

What's new?

:h
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Learning to Fly!

Yup make something positive happen for yourself. Excellent finallydone. Getting out of our comfort zone a huge step in the healing process!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Learning to Fly!

finallydone;1364206 wrote: This post is not against the nest. The people there i love dearly. This is maybe I hope a bridge from the nest to us little birds waiting to fly again. I am hoping beyond all the caring in my little heart is this is how as a group we can forge the next chapter in recovery. I hope I don't step on the nest. But I feel like we need a next step place.
              You have a HUGE heart FD! :h:h

You are my Kwan

Hugs:l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Learning to Fly!

Thank you all soo much for supporting me here! The healing process is a long one. There are times I just feel indifferent now to AL. It's a strange and amazing thing. The amazing way we bound together to a common cause is very inspiring to me. K9....I don't even have to explain to you how important you have been to me in this on going process of moving forward...I can say is this:h Kradle....you are just cool as they come! Your like brother from a another mother...or would that be like a sister from another mother....you get my point. LOL! techie....i am not sure who else to thank here....the MWO family really. The reason why I giving back is because so many here have given to me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but I know together we can achieve what we all want. A sense of purpose for our lives and tranquility. Life will never be perfect. That goal is unattainable. Life of acceptance and purpose is one I am now. And one I don't to ever throw down the toiled again for stupid AL. I love you all!!

Comment

Learning to Fly!

BelleGirl;1364744 wrote: Dear Nest Mom Lav,
                  I don't plan on flying solo...I think FD is looking for new flyers like himself. I know I can't go it alone. I read MWO first thing in the morning and last thing at night (on my phone...in bed). I am inspired by so many of these wonderful folks. I just wish I could find the right words to lend more support sometimes.
                  Thanks bellegirl!! And We all inspire eachother! You are one of those people to me!!

Comment

Working...
                  X