Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back after a Year+

Hi all

Would like to say it is nice to be back but truthfully it is not. Been doing so well with my controlled drinking then the past 2/3 months seems to be getting out of control again - not happy. I have just found out I am going to be a Grandmother again and really need to sort this love hate relationship I have with alcohol. Sick of drinking, sick of eating rubbish food, sick of not losing weight, sick of not doing excercise. It all stops NOW!!

The remains of the 2nd bottle I opened last night will go down the sink and today is a new start and the first day of the rest of my life........................so here goes.

Thanx for taking the time to read this, appreciate it.

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Back after a Year+

Hello QQ!!!! I have been in and out of here too....the controlled drinking thing just took way too much energy for me and ultimately, it never works for me....I am only on day 6 but have a total of 12 AF days in past 2 weeks.... I have noticed such a difference!! I too am totally in love with white wine...that is my poison. I am just focusing on today and not saying to myself YOU WILL NEVER DRINK AGAIN....that just doesn't seem like a fair thing to say to myself. But I do tend to project to the future at times so i am just telling myself to be AF for 90 days. 90 days in this old lifetime is not so long in the grand scheme of things...Once the 90 days are up, I will reassess....who knows how i will feel?
    Anyway, I totally relate to how you are feeling having been there a gazillion times myself....come on and join us!! It feels great once you have a few AF days under your belt!!
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Back after a Year+

Welcome back.

Having to follow rules about alcohol in my opinion means that you really aren't free. If you were free from alcohol's grips there wouldn't be any need for rules.

I want total freedom which for me means no alcohol. I've tried the other way and failed miserably several times. And what is it that I'm missing by not drinking? Not a damned thing.

Becoming a grandmother really made me take stock of my drinking too. Did I want to be drunk and be around the baby? Could I live with myself if I tripped and fell while carrying him? Or was responsible for watching him yet passed out on the couch? It really made me think.

I wish you strength on your journey. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother. It's wonderful.

Comment

Back after a Year+

Welcome back QQ! I'm like Flyaway - rules isn't freedom. (not that I could ever follow my own rules anyway...but you know what I mean!)

Congrats on the coming grandbaby!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Back after a Year+

Welcome back QQ! And best of luck to you, I can totally relate, I too was doing so well, then boom went on a 3 weeker UGH, now back to sqaure 1!
          Keep us posted.
          Kdog
          Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Back after a Year+

Thanx for your support, last night not good and I know why had a lovely day and a glass of chilled wine sitting in the garden seemed so fittimg - time to sort it out. Soft drinks in the fridge for me later. Fail to Prepare - Prepare to Fail.

QQ
            Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

Back after a Year+

Rules are a good incremental step. If thats what you can do now, do it and build some history of good habits, I'm for the rules as one eventual way out. Rules is bEtter than nothing at all?

Comment

Back after a Year+

Hi and welcome back QQ :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                X