I cannot get past two days!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,i can't believe i'm still posting on the starting out page,but every 2 days im starting out...I can last two days (and nights) but on the third i am like an absolut demon.I didnt drink at all on sunday or monday but today (tuesday) i was ready to tear my hair out in order to get to the off license.I was so agitated with my wains i went for a walk to get away from them.(excercise is supposed to help....right???...not in my case)I actually went to bed and cried because i thought my other half wouldn't be home before they closed.When he did come home with the car before closing time i was a new person!I admire you all but i feel like such a fraud.I want to be in control but im not.I want to share a happy ending but i don't know that i can....

Annie, your feelings are quite normal. I felt like that SOOOO many times. I remember my ex having to go to work for 3pm in the afternoon, and I felt so panicked because I didn't have the car and I had no alcohol. I would literally send him to the liquor store minutes before he had to leave. I tried walking etc... I have been there. I understand completely!

Maybe just try for 3 days AF at first... then build yourself up to 4 AF days... and so on... If you don't put too much pressure on yourself about having to be AF NOW - it might help you relax and not be so anxious. Just set small goals. It might be worth a shot! Hang in there.

Comment

so far away but kind advice....

accountableforme,

Thank you so much for your kind and wise words.you're right,one day at a time might work for me....(sorry ...better work for me..)
      I live in Northern Ireland and you're in Canada...worlds apart but suffering the same .
      Thanks agan

annie

Comment

Annie, what aspects of this program are you doing? Have you tried the CDs? Any of the supplements? They might be just what you need. I am just starting the CDs but I have heard great things about them. To do this all on your own might not be for you so you might need some more tools. And you know what? 2 days is better than none. Try not to pressure yourself. Say you will do 2 days a week, maybe not even in a row. Then in a month do 3 days a week. Most of us here still have our struggles so do not feel like you are a fraud. We all have our issues......
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Annie.

It is truly one day @ a time. Instead of falling to drink every 2 days. Turn on this web siite and let your feelings go !!!! Feel what everyone is telling you . we are here to help you!.
          Good Luck & God Bless,,,,,,,,,,IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hello Annie, Yes, everyone is right, take each day as it comes...just say to yourself....Today I don't want to drink, take it a day at a time... I know when I realised I was going to have to stop drinking I used to look down all the years ahead of me and have a panic attack, I thought I would never be able to deal with it, but, one day at a time???? Yes I can manage that, and you will to... Also don't forget, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, its not as though you are speaking to a bunch of people who have never had a drink in their lives, we all know what its like and we all help each other get through...

Take care, love from Louise xx
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Annie, Welcome. You absolutely shoud not feel like a fraud. I , and I am sure many others
              here are doing the same thing as you. I go for several days AF and then really blow it. You just have to keep on trying. I'm just going to try to start over every single time I fall off and hopefully not let those bad days snowball into weeks. You have come to a great place. There is so much support and everyone knows what you are going through. You have reached out for help and that is a great start. Keep coming back and we can all help each other. Aquamarine
              NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
              AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Annie, It is too much to do alone and that is why this site is here. Have you had a chance to read about the program and the many aspects that can be helpful. We all try different aspects and as we are all individuals different things work better for each. Some swear the cravings went away with topamax at about 175 mg/day some have been helped a great deal by the kudzu. For me the CDs have made all the difference. Until I started really using the CDs it was an absolute miracle for me to make it through a weekend without my nightly bottle of cheap champagne.

Read, write, cry but know you are not alone - not weak, not a fraud. Also know that there is an answer.

Rivergirl

Comment

Working...
                X