Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't drink today *because*

Great accent...
    I wont drink today because it is so darn hard to start over and over again...and I want to feel good in the morning.....
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I won't drink today because......
      My children need me, I have the love of a great family and amazing friends, I'm feeling strong and happy on day 8 of AF
      AF since 2nd Oct 2012
      Day by day

Comment

I won't drink today, because I'm honest with my self about what alcohol does to me!!!... I'm strong in my sobriety!... When times do arise that I forget, or I'm stressed, I have an arsenal of tools to help me!!!... The biggest one is self honesty & acceptance!!!... Along with I love & like myself!!!....

It's normal for myself to have thoughts of drinking sometimes, but it's what I choose to do with them that counts!... I choose to do the next right thing!... I don't pick up that first drink, the one that's going to get me drunk, or likely soon, then send me on a bender.

Hell no, I won't wake up that sleeping dragon. My sobriety is a cherished gift that I will protect!!... It's better than all the money & gold in the world!!!.. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~" To Thine Own Self Be True"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Not One ~ Not Ever ~ No Matter What ~ No Matter Who"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I wont drink today because tomorrow is finally double digits....have not seen that in a long time...
          WooHoo
          dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Day 50. NO FREEKIN' Way.

I'm not drinking on day 50. Screw That.
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Prairie Fairy;1389896 wrote: Day 50. NO FREEKIN' Way.

I'm not drinking on day 50. Screw That.
              :woot: :woot: Way to go PF!

RC

Comment

:disco:

Party at Prairies! LOL!

Wait.......we've heard that before.....that leads to NOT 50 days....generally speaking....

HEY an AF Party at Prairies!
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Nobody set the drapes on fire.... my Mom might notice....
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Also - unlike at my friend Brad's party - please nobody eat the fish. My sister actually knows what her fish looks like. I won't be able to go to the pet store and tell her that I over fed her's that's why they are bigger when they get back...so no eating the fish on a bet? Capeche?
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

There you go - a little flash back as a giggle to the funnier part of Prairie's drinking days - if you aren't her parents - or a random fish....
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Prairie YOU ROCK MY FACE OFF!!!!!!!!! I want to come to your AF party and bring some very expensive Perrier and limes. OMG! 50 DAYS!!!!

Wildflowers that was the best post about why you are not going to drink today. I will read that over and over as inspiration.

RC needs to write a chapter about Prairie's 50 DAY AF PARTY!

I'm proud to know you both!
                        ~nurdl
                        :notes:
                        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Haha making me giggle prairie, poor little fish ;0)
                          I won't drink today, its 23:59 and that's day 8 under wraps ;0)
                          AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                          Day by day

Comment

Prairie has an AF party that we all need to help organise.

Comment

i won't drink today because i feel happy and grounded and so thankful that my life is actually pretty damned good. i'm so sick of f***ing with it. i'm so tired of trying to make al somehow fit in. i'm sooooo tired of failing again and again with "moderation". NO thanks.

Comment

I won't drink today because it's the first day so far that I feel GREAT!
                                AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                                AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Working...
                                X