Today, day one of hopefully many

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the support, Stumpy. You're right - one night at a time! Glad to hear that your hanging in there! It is rocky at first. During my first attempt at being AF, I think it was about 2 weeks before I really felt a "new normal." Wish I hadn't caved but hey.. lesson learned! Friday night and I'm heading for bed - I was up with Lavande's chickens this morning. Hope you other guys are okay - check in with us and let us know how you're doing!

Comment

Fell off the wagon big time for several months until another seizure from going cold turkey has forced me to seek help. It?s that or lose my job.
      After 3 years sober, it is somewhat soul destroying to know that The Monkey never gets off our back. Keep your guards up yu?ll.
      All the best.

Comment

Hey Bashley... glad you've joined in. We seem to have lost a few folks along the way. Sounds like you've got more at risk than losing your job; seizure's are serious business. Remind yourself what that was like when you feel yourself slipping off that wagon again! In any case, you're back on and you're here and there are so many here like us that had a good amount of sobriety and then fell. No one can take those 3 years away from you and that's a very good reminder that you can do this. Good luck to you!

Comment

I'm still here :-) Day 15, it's tough but I'm plodding away - halfway to 30!!! (if only that was my age and not my AF days!!!)
          Hi there Caper and welcome Bashley.
          Hope you're all doing well, and being kind to yourselves.
          I'm off to take my doggy a walk, I'll be around later,
          Stay fabulous :-) xxx
          :alf:
          AF Day 1 = 27-08-2012
          Goal #1: 7 days (02-09-2012) :h
          Goal #2: 30 days (26-09-2012)
          Goal #3: 100 days (05-12-2012)
          :baaah:

Comment

Hi Roller .... 15 days and doin fine I reckon. I'm just behind ya so don't slip my friend or I'll overtake your arse LOL.

Hi Bashley ...... Nice to meet you even if you would have preferred it not to be here! Like caper said you know you can climb back on. I am sure you know better than I that this is a great place to saddle up again. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
            X