Well I did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I did it.

One full week AF. I think the only time I have done that was when I was stuck in the hospital for 3 weeks following a bad infection about 20 years-ago. And even then I snuck out after 10 days with the help of a friend, along with a cleverly concocted IV line, for a couple of beers down at the local pub. Thinking back I must have looked like a complete idiot.

Anyway, the fam and I went out last night for sushi, which in the past would have invariably entailed at least 3 gin & tonics for me. I had a big glass of honey-lemon iced tea instead. Even the hubs, bless his heart, had a sprite instead of his normal 2 - 3 mega-beers. And this morning I woke up after a full, uninterrupted nights sleep, without a headache, and feeling, um...dare I say...happy? Made a big pot of coffee and threw some bacon in the oven and here I am posting to y'all. Got some plans to go out shopping for school clothes for the kids today and maybe explore a little bit more of our new city, and it's going to feel so good to not feel dizzy and crappy all day.

Thank you all for your continued support. I feel for the first time in my drinking career that I just may have a chance at licking this thing.

IG
    Fall down 7 times. Get up 8.

Well I did it.

Well played! 7 days is wonderful and a remarkable first step to being AF.

Its also where I get give you your first gold star!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1927134=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Well I did it.

Hi IG

Great Going !!!

Comment

Well I did it.

Wooot, wooot!!! You have conquered every day the week can throw at you! Well done!! Now onwards to Day 13....this is the day that your thinking changes and things fall into place. Things just get easier. Here's to you! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Well I did it.

Congratulations IG!

I bet you look great too! Keep it going friend, because the sober life just get's better and better. Sounds like hubby is in support too.

Bravo!.....G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Well I did it.

CONGRATS to you IG!!!!
            One week really does make a huge difference. Just keep going - the best is yet to come
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well I did it.

Great going Imaginarygirl! It's great when you start to feel like there is a human being inside there again.
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Well I did it.

GO IG!

That is wonderful news! Stay strong!

Comment

Well I did it.

IG -

That is AWESOME! Look at you getting a much-coveted Nelz Star!!! Keep up the great work. Like Byrdie said, you've made it through every day of the week, from here on out, it should get easier. You are rockin' this sober thing, and it looks good on you! Keep it up friend!

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Well I did it.

fANTASTIC IG, you rocked every day of the week. It is so worth it, isn't it. I live in the Ottawa-Gatineau area of Canada, neighbor!!

Keep it up and before you know it, a month will have passed and then the rest is up to you.

xoxo
                    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Well I did it.

Wow! Thank you for the gold star, Nelz! I'm honoured. Thanks, everyone, for your support. It really is appreciated.

IG
                      Fall down 7 times. Get up 8.

Comment

Well I did it.

keep it going girlie!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well I did it.

Fabulousimo!!!!!
                          It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                          Mother Theresa

Comment

Well I did it.

That sounds fantastic IG! I'm still working up the muster to get 1 voluntary, feel-good AF day and my taper is going pretty good so far. I too feel a bit better already just cutting down and building confidence.

Best,
                            -HD
                            Note to self: Stand and deliver! :bat

Comment

Working...
                            X