Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made the decision to quit would like advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im 26 started drinking when I turned 21. The last 3 years have drank heavily. Friday I had about 600 ml vodka. Yesterday I had 18 beers. Its sunday and I have a magazine next to me that explains what it does to your brain. My question is what can I expect the next couple of days of sobriety? Im taking niacin and a multivitamin also.

I am not a doctor, but whenever I go AF, I have to overcome anxiety. SUPER sucks, but temporary and not life threatening.

Hugs and faith. Just Do It!

Comment

MadMax,

You're 26. When I was 26, I knew in my heart I had a problem with AL. I am almost 2 decades along that timeline. Be smart. Cut it out now. I don't wish upon anyone the regrets AL will cause.

Comment

Hi madmax,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!

Please go to the health store here on the site & download the MWO book!
        it's full of helpful info for you.

Also take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan. You have to make a plan if you want to succeed.

Stopping now is a wise decision before your problem gets worse, and it will.
        Don't jeapordize your health & your entire life by continuing to allow AL to remain in control.

Drop in the Newbies nest thread, let us know how you are doing!
        Wishing you the best.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Madmax,

In my 26,I was fond of drinking and it was luring me showing some sorts of benefits.
          I was quite energetic and creative,however I had started Al in my early age 16 . At that time I would have been vomiting when crossed the limit.Now its vomit free whatever I consume now.... Might be alcohol was fighting with me to take a place in my brain at that time now I am fighting with AL.I am defeated by AL and hoping a happy ending like a movie .It really sucks your brain and will make you mentally impaired so you are in the right edge to decide AF life...Keep it up and go ahead without any doubt .
          Dix
          A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Max I don't want to scare you, but if you're going cold turkey sober I'd just make sure you have someone with you. I have no idea from that brief information whether you'll feel really ill or just have mild withdrawal symptoms.

Did you drink every day? Roughly how much? The first few days may feel rough (and if you were a really heavy drinker, a bit more than that, and possibly need some meds).

The great news is, a little while on, you'll have a new life. And if you work to change your thinking, it'll be a fantastic new life, too. I hope you don't get any withdrawal symptoms, but if you do, it doesn't mean you shouldn't go sober - just means you may need a bit of meds to do it.
            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

withdrawal

everytime im on a super hard drinking weekend,i have to taper down for a few days after.so lets say sat,i have 23 beers(ive done many times and im on the small side),sunday ill have like 10 or 12 throughout the day,just so i wont jump outta my skin,monday drink like 8,tues,4 or 5,then i can get a better grip down to like 2 for a bit,then be serious about stopping its hard,i live in Vegas,alcohol is EVERYWHERE!good luck to you
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X