No Insurance for Drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Insurance for Drugs

Hello healing community. I am anxiously and Successfully starting this program, as I have been taking all supplements for three days, Cds on the way and exercising. I feel the need to incorporate Topirimate because I have been a heavy drinker for thirty years. I'm a fifty five year old female with a good job but no insurance. Any advice from those either in my position or have been successful without the drug component?
    THANK YOU!

No Insurance for Drugs

Hi Hook. Welcome to MWO -and congratulations for getting a nice solid start. :-)

I'm a 48 yr old female - former heavy drinker - beer early - switch to mostly wine - then the last few years mostly vodka. I started this journey here - seriously - last February - then drank again during the summer and have now been sober for almost a year. I did not take any drugs - I did take lots of supplements - B vitamins, sleep aids, magnesium - all natural stuff and it varied alot during the past year and a half.

Have you had a good look around the site? Visited the toolbox? https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I mostly post in the newbies nest - we offer lots of support and help for those just starting out....j

congratulations - keep the great positive attitude!

~lola
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

No Insurance for Drugs

Hi Hook,
      I am off insurance at the moment but I use a state run prescription program. My topa is around ten dollars for one month. I take a low ose: .25- .50 a day. I am in Washington state.

In the beginning, the Topa was essential. Now I use more supps, especially LGlut and visit here everyday .

Hope that helps,

:l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

No Insurance for Drugs

I have managed to get sober without drugs, as the only available drugs on prescription, in the Uk, is campral and antabuse. I didn't really want to resort to the internet. So yes it is possible. Once I had decided that alcohol was literally killing me, after drinking for over 20 years, I just had to stop. My health was suffering, my life did not seem like it was worth living. I have now been sober for 3 months, and my health and my life has completely changed, I know I have a long way to go and my best weapon is vigilance. I even went to a wedding recently and no thoughts of drinking.

Comment

No Insurance for Drugs

Thank you three!

I so appreciate the feedback, especially at this crucial beginning. I'm just one week sober and astonished at what just supplements and excersize have done, but I am also riding that initial motivational wave which I fear may diminish over time. I found the Canadian River Pharmacy sit to buy Topo. Is it reputable?
          What a relief!

Comment

No Insurance for Drugs

Hook, you're doing great with a week under your belt! Congratulations! I don't want to brush you off - but do want to point you to the meds section where you will find more people with experience with Topamax.

Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums

I think that link should work - and hopefully you'll find some answers to your questions there...:-)
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

No Insurance for Drugs

Hello & welcome Hook,

Congrats on your great start!
              I think more of us around here have not used any meds but I may be wrong.
              I chose not to use any & did just fine. The MWO Hypno CDs did more for me in the beginning than yuo can imagine. Why don't you just wait for them, they will definitely help motivate you & get your thinking going in the right direction. i quit at exactly the same age & wanted to avoid the 'Topa Dopa' syndrome

Wishing you the best!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X