• Show
Clear All

Gearing up for another AF weekend

So who's with me?

IG.
    Fall down 7 times. Get up 8.

Me me me
    I cant wait to get lots done this W/E and i am looking forward to waking up with a clear head and fully refreshed xxxx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

I am! Day 9 today for me, so making it through this weekend will get me closer to that day 13/14 Byrdie talks about. Emotionally tough at this point. Had a lot of cravings yesterday. Probably due to wanting to cover up what is trying to come out of me. It can be an uncomfortable process.

Lifting coffee cup to our success!
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

I'm with you IG!!

And it's a 3 day weekend too! I plan to relax by reading, crocheting, watching tv and going to the beach on Monday. There's no room in my weekend for that stupid poison called alcohol (or the hangover it would cause!)
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Me! No choices now - I AB'ed it.

So - as I make peace with all that...and absorb it...weird - didn't think there would be absorbing but oddly - there is...anyway - I guess I'm going to be absorbing some of that this weekend...

And it's also time to say - ok - while I'm absorbing - I need to turn my brain to learning new coping strategies for stressors...because AL is now - no longer one of them.
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X