Entering week 3 AF. Bring it on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday marked 2 weeks AF for me and I feel amazing! I can't believe I've made it this far. I did come rather close last night though. Two of my older sons were here for a visit and a bbq, which always includes drinking. They're the types of drinkers who can have a couple and then stop for the night. That was usually impossible for me. They had their beers and I thought seriously about have a glass of wine. I told my husband that I just wanted to have one or two and he asked me if that was what I really wanted. He then reminded me how well I was doing and that he was so proud of me. That stopped me dead in my tracks and I made myself a cup of Chai tea instead.

Oh shoot! I just heard my 3-year-old grandson announce, "Nana, I'm making breakfast. I'm cracking the eggs!" I'll be back!

IG
    Fall down 7 times. Get up 8.

Imagianary Girly, you are doing Awesome! I picked labor day weekend to quit because it was a three day weekend and I needed my husband to watch me for the first 3 days, just in case something went wrong. I had to cancel all the parties we were invited to, which sucked but here I am going into day 4.
    I use to drink like your sons but it changed the past few years and it wasn't so bad until the past 4-8 months, I hope one day I can have one or two again and not think about it agian, like the old days. But that time is not in the near future for me. Keep up the good work.
    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Hats off to your husband. What a good man looking out for your best interest. I've been in that spot too many times. I'll just have one or two. Convincing myself or believing I can do it. I'm not hooked anymore. Don't you feel proud of yourself now that you opted out? Congrats on a job well done. Now you know how your mind will tell you lies. Get ready for them.
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Wow, IG. Your husband sounds awesome. Great to have a good support system/family to remind you why you are doing this.

Comment

echoing the votes of kudo's to the husband - hope you've given him a HUGE hug this morning....and a thank you for saving your quit. :-)

YAY IG on two weeks - right behind you - two weeks tomorrow. I'm at Byrdie's Day 13 and I think I'm starting to turn the corner - will write more in the nest so the newbies in early weeks don't lose it...
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Congrats!!

Yes My husband is awesome. I was there for him after his seizures for weeks, so maybe he was worried that I may have a seizure if I quit with no one here to watch me. We should all pat ourselves on the back today! :goodjob:
            AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
            AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Working...
            X