new in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new in town

Hello; this is my first time doing this. I've been drinking and doing drugs for some years now. I can stay sober for some weeks but I end up drinking again because I feel that I can't socialize when I'm sober. I've been taking anti-depression pills and was hoping to stop drinking but havent been able to stop. I seem to be losing allot of time and energy fighting alcohol. specially I consider myself creative and I seem o lose all sort of interest in everything. I don't know if taking more medicine will be something I should do...Hope fully
    I will find a way to get better here
    hope all of you are well
    titita

new in town

HinTitia and Welcome! :welcome:

Have you started with RJ's book and having a look at the program as a whole?
    I started there with ordering her book which really just documentated her journey and the start of MWO. Then I followed the program with the sups and I used Topa...some use Baclofen or Naltraxene there are separate meds threads here where these approaches area ll discussed.
    I am a little over three months!

Also I suggest going over to the Newbie Nest and reading others journeys. Gives you a lay of the land. You have a load of good people here. Settle in and so glad you found us.

:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

new in town

?Hola Titita!

The hardest thing is staying sober long enough for your brain chemistry to heal enough so you can start believing in how good you can feel w/o drugs and alcohol. What has helped me the most is to really be aware of what triggers me to want to drink, and then either avoid those situations for NOW, and/or find a fix. I realized sometimes I was drinking because my blood sugar was low and I was hungry and did not have time to fix myself something to eat, so now I make up a blender full of protein fruit smoothies early every morning, and this has really helped, since I can just grab a glass in the fridge, and I am already used to drinking my calories... LOL!

Anyway, hang in there with us, this forum is a very positive place to find help.

Cari?os,

La Gata Loca

Comment

Working...
      X