Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 5 almost lost control and as very close to having a drink...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allankay;1375037 wrote: Slay, people tend to get defensive for all kinds of reasons and because AL is wired so deeply into our society and woven into our personalities from a relatively early age we consider anyone rejecting AL as a personal attack on us. A good example is religion. In the UK this issue rarely comes up but in the states telling people you don?t really believe in a higher being is considered a taboo and you are perceived in the same light as a criminal...

Re: text msgs, I was sending the same kind of text msgs just last week. "Had a rough day, need a drink". Well today has been a good exercise for me as one person has really ticked me off. I am still furious but will deal with it in another way.

Regarding weight, I am with you on this. I have lost 1 pound this week and I am hoping to lose another 5-10 by the end of the year. Now I am 6'1" and 187 LB. Been eating really healthy this week, lots of lean meats, soups, nuts, fruits and veg. However, I have a side effect of either giving up alcohol or changing my diet. I got a few spots here and there, something that I haven't experienced in a while. hmmm

P.S. I believe this journey will see me lose a lot of friends and create tension with others. However, I am prepaired and know its comming, from my last experience. This is nothing to be sad about as there will be new friends and there will be new interests that are waiting for me down the road. When I am ready I will joing a few fitness, adventure groups on meetup.com and will have to reshuffle my lifestyle. Hopefully this will include more travelling, sports and other activities that I am not even aware of right now.

ALLAN
    Considering I was in an emotionally abusive marriage that used religion as a crutch, I have a bit different perspective on how to use the criminal term. Nuff about that!!

You are changing a lot at one time. Your body is probably detoxing more than alcohol and/or adjusting to an avalanche of change. I'm trying to stagger my changes. Day 16 AF with supplements added in during the second week and now daily relaxation techniques along with cutting back on sleep medications. I'm strongly considering going on an Atkins like diet to curb the sugar cravings next. More protein and veggies and low carbohydrates as I feel I'm addicted to sugar/carbs. Exercise is being added in as well this week; albeit slowly. Around day 30 I plan on adding a class. Probably poetry, but may possibly change. I have a plan and I'm going to succeed. It's nice to see the success stories here. We root one another on.

It's all for the good!
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

I am so happy for you and even a little bit jealous that you are on day 16 and I am still on day 7

You have an amazing plan layed out. I too want to join a few active groups, probably on meetup.com play tennis, travel...I dont even know the rest as alcohol related activities had taken most of my free time. We just need to take it one day at a time and adjust. Go team MWO.

ALLAN
      AF since 1st Sep 2012
      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

allankay;1375106 wrote: I am so happy for you and even a little bit jealous that you are on day 16 and I am still on day 7

You have an amazing plan layed out. I too want to join a few active groups, probably on meetup.com play tennis, travel...I dont even know the rest as alcohol related activities had taken most of my free time. We just need to take it one day at a time and adjust. Go team MWO.

ALLAN
        You are on my heels. Nothing to be jealous about. We are both in the beginning of the early stage.

Determined!
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Working...
        X