A goodbye letter to alcohol...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario posted a brilliant thread yesterday in general discussion section. Its a personal goodbye letter to Alcohol. It made me feel so empowered. Please join me and write yours....

Dear Spirits, wine, beer and cocktails

I thought our relationship was special. I loved you, spent time with you, introduced you to my friends. In return, I get abused, you steal my friends, cheat me out of my money, make me feel like crap, thats how you repay me for my love for you. I still have feelings for you and some good memories but that is no longer enough. I deserve something better, I can be a better person and I know who I really am. So pack you s**t, get out of my life. Don’t even try asking my friends to persuade me to take you back, like you have done so many times in the past. Get out. Get out. Get out!

ALLAN K.
    AF since 1st Sep 2012
    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Very nicely written Allen, as soon as I get a bit more AF time, I will do just that, but thanks for sharing it with us!
    Kdog
    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Sav Blanc.............you Bastard!!! When I was a shy 18 yo you became my friend. You made me feel comfortable in social situations. You made me fun to be with and I would never be without you when eating food. You introduced me to your friend Gin and now he is just like you an ass...........le!!!! You still insist on hanging around me! But I will never give up the fight to get rid of you. Your not a friend, I hate the day I met you. You have almost destroyed me, but not quite, I will fight you till the day I die!!

Comment

Allan, Forgot to thankyou for starting the post mate!! I lost my good mate to booze. A good man and an alcoholic. Sorry to vent so much anger in my post, Just a bit p......d off !!

Comment

Goodbye forever Alcohol,

You came into my life at a very young age as I watched alcoholism make my family's life miserable having an alcoholic in the midst. I wonder why I thought I would be any different and went down the same path as you numbed my feelings and made me feel "normal" you sneaky bastard.

I started my path with you at the young age of 14 and from that first sip I knew I was different and liked it waaaaay too much. You destroyed my self esteem, you gave me anxiety, you put me in dangerous situations, you almost made me ruin my marriage, friendships and my life.

To the curb with you, I have had ENOUGH!!! My body and soul cannot take your abuse anymore and now I have to deal with all the shit from the past sober, but I will deal with it and heal from all the pain you have caused me.

I am stronger than you, EFF OFF!!!!
          new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

WOW!! That felt good,

Thanks allankay for starting this thread.
            new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

itsmytime, Well said!!! Give the bastard a big kick!!!

Comment

itsmytime;1374927 wrote: Goodbye forever Alcohol,

You came into my life at a very young age as I watched alcoholism make my family's life miserable having an alcoholic in the midst. I wonder why I thought I would be any different and went down the same path as you numbed my feelings and made me feel "normal" you sneaky bastard.

I started my path with you at the young age of 14 and from that first sip I knew I was different and liked it waaaaay too much. You destroyed my self esteem, you gave me anxiety, you put me in dangerous situations, you almost made me ruin my marriage, friendships and my life.

To the curb with you, I have had ENOUGH!!! My body and soul cannot take your abuse anymore and now I have to deal with all the shit from the past sober, but I will deal with it and heal from all the pain you have caused me.

I am stronger than you, EFF OFF!!!!
                Irony: Many teenagers start off drinking because alcohol 'appears' to enhance their self esteem and winds up shattering it later. Sneaky bastard, indeed!
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Hey Pinot, How dare you walk into my life at the ripe old age of 40, after all the years that I stayed clear of you. Not only did you come into my life but you took it from me for 8 freaking years. You are a cancer, even a cancerous limb hurts to let go of...I'm going to amputate you, you wicked bastard, you. Toward the end of our relationship. you even stopped tasting good! That's right Pinot, you went limp on me. So long PG!
                  AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                  AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                  STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

You are fired. I haved fired and cleaned out his office in my head. Its almost to me like having someone work for your family for years....to find out they have been stealing from you.

Comment

Working...
                    X