Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome - PAWS

:H:H::upset::H:H

Notice there's more laughs than tears. Now should I take my lappie on vac, just in case? Maybe not, since there's the possibility I might chuck it at him. I do luv my lap top. I love my hubs to! Pause....... when I'm not having PAWS & PMS 2gether. He has his flyrod just in case.

Thanks for turning the tears into laughter today!

Comment

Wildflowers - If you start feeling down, just envision a flying weenie, that should cheer you up! :sausages:
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I made it through dinner without throwing anything LOL now I have the house to myself to relax and check in here.

K9, bravo on 11 days no smokes. I was an occaisional smoker and gave it up for good a year and half ago after losing my best friend to lung cancer (she was only 47) - that just cemented my resolve to never smoke again. You will beat it as you already have the experience of getting AL out of your life. Use the same tools you did for that, and knowing what you are going through now at the early stage will help a lot.

I am feeling this episode of PAWS lifting , thanks for the support and laughs, it really helped :l
        new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

I know it's after midnight in the UK but I had to come back to see how this thread was doing.

Started with struggles and ended with laughter. Makes my heart sing.

I honestly can't tell you how relieved I was when I found out about PAWS, I thought I was going nuts. :nutso:
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire - It really does help knowing what the cause is, doesn't it. :l

Comment

very interesting post, I now know what to look for in the future and that I should invest in oscar meyers before day 6!:H
              Kdog
              Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Hope you have a much better day tomorrow Its Our time! I may need your advice in the near future!
                Kdog
                Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

itsmytime, after I threw the hotdog at hubby, I had the whole house to myself too, I still do. He hasn't come out of the family room since.
                  AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                  AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                  STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Kdog, you can call me anytime. I don't sleep anymore...
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Had a nice quiet night to myself and feeling better today, even thought it's early in the morning yet I didn't wake up with that heavy cloak of dread.

As emotionally painful as this is right now, I believe it's very important to feel each and every feeling without numbing them with AL. That's what I have been doing the past few years is drowning my sorrows, but proof is in the pudding, they know how to swim. We have to deal to heal and I am finally dealing with all my losses, my shame and guilt while drinking and accept everything and finally live in the present.

Stumpy, my hubby was very quiet with me last night too before he went out, I think he doesn't know what to do or say around me when I am feeling like this. He understands though, which is huge. He is still drinking, but quit smoking so knows about the mood swings the first while.

KDOG -welcome, and take it from me, this site has really helped me get to Day 53. Keep coming back, there's tons of support and great resources.

Happy Friday all,
                      IMT

Comment

stumpy;1374818 wrote: Kdog, you can call me anytime. I don't sleep anymore...
                        I had one of those nights last night. I woke a couple hours after going to sleep making a shriek sound and in full panic mode. This darkness was engulfing me. It just about had me. Wow, I haven't had that happen in years. It may be the cut back on my night time med routine I started several days ago because it is making me way too tired during the day, too. I take Ativan and Antihistamine at night to sleep and now only take one Ativan. I think some part of my neuro system/brain is waking up again. Crikey, those are scary. There is a presence you can feel when that happens. I read on my tablet for an hour and fell back asleep, but woke again with my body limbs all asleep and restless. Oh well, at least I'm not as tired during the day anymore. Now, what to do about these bags under my eyes...
                        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

ROFL stumpy - now we're even...the bouncing off the head weenie definitely had me in stitches...:-)
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Lolab, I was still laughing late last night. Sometimes we need a good laugh, we don't always have to be down and craving. OMG! 20 more days and you will be at 1 year.WOW! how does that feel?
                            Slay, I'm in my 40's and going through the change of life, it doesn't help with the quit because both cause us to lose sleep and be in tired mood OFTEN!! this too shall pass.
                            Kdog is doing great, proud of you K!!!
                            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

I think your right that they aren't sure how to deal, I know mine isn't. He tries sometimes tho. Even has helped, when I'm not having PAWS & PMS 2gether.

Yes, we do have to feel it all, instead of stuffing & numbing it away.

It has taken me a little over 3 months for better sleep to return. The sleep fairy has been working OT. When I can't sleep I take Calmes Forte to help. I've heard sleep can take a while, but still better than the alternative. Drinking was disturbing my sleep in worse ways.

Hubs packed my lappie. Isn't that sweet. I told him about the hot dogs I guess he doesn't want me stopping for a 6pk of them, :H:H He My last name is very Irish, his name is German tho he was adopted. We've thrown a few things in 28 yrs.

Thanks for turning my tears into laughs. :l Of course it's time to hit the road. Wouldn't you know going on vac & PMS turned into lovely Mother Nature, oh Blimey. I thought this was over! Back to seeing hot dogs bouncing off hubbies heads

Comment

Thank you all, I am on to day 3, but didn't sleep well, didn't help that it started storming and the damn dog joined me on me couch downstairs, sorry buddy only room for one....lol
                                Oh well worth it in the long run! Good luck to all of you, and congrats to all!
                                Kdog
                                Ps a hot dog for the dog perhaps????

Comment

Working...
                                X