Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome - PAWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildflowers, enjoy your time away. Trust me when I say my husband was grateful for the weenie smack down, he used to get the full blown Ali punches when I was drinking. LOL
    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Weenie Smack Down....sounds like a movie I was in...er, I mean saw.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

LOL K9, you always bring a smile to my face
        new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

K9, how are you doing with the NF? How long did you smoke for? I want to quit, I'm actually smoking more since I went AF. You must be on day 12 or 13 by now. Good for you.
          I'm making Hot dogs for dinner tonight, wanna come over?
          AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
          AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

JackieClaire;1374666 wrote: Just found this article. Wish I'd found it a couple of years ago. Great read.

?I?ve been clean for a while, why do I still feel dodgy?? A must read! - Member Blog - Wired In
            Thank you for the article, Jackie. I read this the other day and oddly enough just in time for a mood swing into the black hole. With me it can be difficult because I have a depression disorder and heading into menopause. Add in the AF change (Day 17) and sometimes I don't know what the heck is going on. I went from the withdrawal phase and started feeling better on Day 12. I felt rather Euphoric until three nights ago when I couldn't sleep and had a horrific nightmare. That followed into depression this weekend(I call it walking the halls of hell) and another night of interrupted sleep and nightmares. Yesterday was a tough nut to handle. I didn't crave or want the taste of a drink but found myself crying most of the day and thinking if I'm going to feel this awful sober, I might as well drink to try and handle it. I didn't, but the thought did occur because I felt hopeless and completely out of control over my depression/mood swings. So, with all that said, I'm not sure if I had some PAWS, it was a depressive cycle, my period coming or all of the above. I was talking to my husband out of town and he said, are you by chance going to start your thing tomorrow? (lol) How intuitive of him (guess they really know when to run and hide, eh?) Well, today I said good morning to it. This AF stuff really adds another dimension to figuring out what we need to address and what we just have to roll with as a part of the process.

Anyway, thanks again for the article. I need all the knowledge I can get to withstand the mood swings and ups and down cycles.

:thanks:
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Working...
            X