1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

allankay;1375320 wrote: Stumpy ,Slay, Nelz, Byrd, Madmans, K9, Dixon, Bouchard, Kuaya, Gutarista and Patrice, THANK YOU ALL. Could not have done this without you.

What a difference a week makes. Last Saturday I was hangover, exhausted, anxious. My mouth was dry, my room smelt of alcohol and my clothes smelled like cigarettes.

Today I woke up bright and early without even setting the alarm. My room smells nice, I feell great and very calm. The sun is up so I will go for an early walk to buy some groceries.

Next week will start dry cleaning everything that can?t be washed. Now that I am smoke and AL free my sense of smell and taste has improved and I can really smell it in the clothes I wore the week before. At first I was reluctant to give up both nicotine and alcohol at the same time but I am very glad I did both. Fighting one craving is not much different to fighting two.

ALLAN K.
    I think there are very rare people they can give up Al and Cig. both at a time.I think you made a may be not a new but a more worthy record here.
    I am really proud of you.
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

Way to go Allan

You sound terrific. Stay strong and every day it gets even better.

I am very happy for you!

Comment

1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

How you doing these days Allan ??
        Dix
        A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

WTG allen! I am right there with ya, on day 8, couldn't believe I made it a week without a drink! First time I can remember that in forever it seems. Good luck on your journey! Best wishes to us all!
          Kdog
          Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

dixon;1377291 wrote: How you doing these days Allan ??
            Dix
            Hi Dix,

I have been posting a lot more on Newbies Nest instead of doing my usual threads. I am doing much better than I expected. I don?t really crave alcohol that much, however, my mood has become really unpredictable. I feel great one moment and then low the next. Regulars on here say that it is due to chemical changes in my body and it may go on for quite some time.

What is new with you?

ALLAN
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

kdog;1377345 wrote: WTG allen! I am right there with ya, on day 8, couldn't believe I made it a week without a drink! First time I can remember that in forever it seems. Good luck on your journey! Best wishes to us all!
              Kdog
              Hi Kdog,

Well done, 1st week is probably the hardest as you are not familiar with withdrawal symptoms and don?t really know what to expect. This journey should take us to a good place; however, we will need to make major changes to our lifestyle. I have been doing some research and reading posts by the regular here and this is what I expect to happen in the next few weeks, months, years.

1 Apart from the cravings, expect some mood swing (up to a year)
              2 Most of the damage done to your body is reversible. So you will experience some great health benefits. For me it has been improved sense of taste and smell, so far
              3 You will have a lot more free time
              4 A lot more disposable income
              5 We will need to re-evaluate our relationships with friends. May have to shed some weight, especially people who will object me quitting alcohol. The people who insist on you having one drink and give you a look of disapproval when you say no.
              6 If you were a regular bar/pub/club goer like I was, you need to invent new activities to replace the old ones. Sports, travelling, cooking, learning new things....

Ok that all I can think of now.

Again congrats on day 8

ALLAN
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

Hi Allen, thanks for the list. I am on day 5. I haven't been able to sleep in days, I don't understand because today should have been day 13 but I had a couple one night last week. When I first quit two weeks ago, I slept like a baby, 10 hours a night so I'm a bit confused as to my sleeping pattern right now.
                I noticed red blotches on my face the other day, I think that's from the AL leaving our bodies. Keep up the good fight Allen!
                AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

1 WEEK AF YAY !!!

Hi Stumpy, I have been following your progress you are doing a great job. Get back on that horse. When you are celebrating 90 days AF you won't even remember this slip up. I felt like crap when I got drunk after 6 months sober and it took me over two years to try again.

Problems sleeping could be due to stress or your body adjusting to internal changes. I personally need a lot more sleep than before.

ALLAN
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X