Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new:

Hi,
    Hoping this is the right place to post for a beginner.
    I feel this is an opportune time to be kind to myself. I've had a few goes at sobriety before and I seem to get to the four month mark and think it's ok to start drinking again. Not even sure if I can do a week at the moment but let's take it a day at a time.
    Maybe this site can help me stay off. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

:thanks:
    K
    Sobriety is its own reward

Welcome Kairos, you are indeed in the right place. MWO is awesome and a great way to have company friends and advice and ideas as to how to get healthy again.

Good to check out the toolbox for lots of hints, then play around the different threads and join in if there are people posting at the time.

So pull up a chair and jump on in. :welcome:

KY

Comment

I too want to say :welcome: and glad you found your way here.

Just a suggestion, you should check out Newbies Nest. Lots of people right where you're at so you don't feel you're going through this alone. Like Kuya says, check out the "Tool Box" at the top of the forum page for great advice on dealing with the allmighty AL!

Stick around and keep posting, we're all in this together. PPQ

Comment

:welcome:
        Glad you found MWO!! Definitely check out the newbie's nest!!!
        I just won't anymore

Comment

Kairos,
          I'm new too and it's been really wonderful for me. The support is amazing and it makes a world of difference. I have done the same thing you have with getting sober for a few months and then drinking again. It's time to feel better. We've suffered enough, don't you think?
          All the best to you, K

Comment

Thanks guys.
            Can someone link me to the toolbox please?
            I can't seem to see it anywhere.
            K

Comment

Welcome Kairos, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to send you the link to toolbox. I'm so happy that you made the decision to join us. MWO is a great community.
              AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
              AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Here you go Kairos

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I wonder if there's more than one tool box on this site. Anyone?

I may have steered a couple of new comers in the wrong direction ops:

I'm sure they'll let me know! PPQ

Comment

Thanks again Porquoi and Stumpy, day one is so precarious. Still hoping I'm gonna make it to day two.
                  K

Comment

Hang in there Kairos. Just try figuring out how to jump around this site and the next thing you know it'll be Day 2. :H

Comment

Kairos, yes it's hard but you can do it. I found day 5 and day 9 the hardest. I'm doing much better now and you will to. Take lots of vitamins, drink lots of water with lemon (cleans the liver) and rest but most of all eat. If you don't eat alot and stay full, your blood sugar will drop and you will crave AL, I learned this the hard way on day 9. Since then I have kept full, I carry snacks with me all the time now. Keep reading and posting on MWO. It really does help. Again, Welcome.
                      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Good morning kairos!!

I'm up making coffee.

I thought day two and three were tougher than one. Then it all seemed to level out I drank still do lots of lemon water. Got a special tall, brightly colored cup.
                        Stay close. Everyone's here!!

:l
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hang in there, I'm with ya and so are the others. You really are in the right place. I know I sure am. I'm on my way to see my Dr or I'd stay right here most of the day.

Comment

stumpy;1377112 wrote: Kairos, yes it's hard but you can do it. I found day 5 and day 9 the hardest. I'm doing much better now and you will to. Take lots of vitamins, drink lots of water with lemon (cleans the liver) and rest but most of all eat. If you don't eat alot and stay full, your blood sugar will drop and you will crave AL, I learned this the hard way on day 9. Since then I have kept full, I carry snacks with me all the time now. Keep reading and posting on MWO. It really does help. Again, Welcome.
                            Cross post!
                            Morning Stumpy,
                            :l
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Welcome Kairos!

We're glad to have you here...you're among friends! Whatever you have experienced, someone here can relate. That's what I love about this place...I never feel alone! For me, days 3-4 were the hardest because that's when the horrors of drinking would wear off and I'd start to feel good again. Ride out the first week and you'll feel stronger.

Please stick close and keep posting so we can get to know you. Welcome to the MWO family!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X