Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning....hangover free!

Good Morning All...

I was pretty stressed out last night....really wanted to drink, but I didn't. Took the dog for a walk instead and went to bed early. It felt pretty darn good waking up without a hangover. The approaching weekend is going to prove to be a challenge, going to have to face some past demons after my absolute horrible behavior last weekend. I am armed and ready....expect a ton of posting from me. My sobriety means so much to me.
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

:goodjob: oneredshoe! Every little victory builds our confidence...and you did a great job of following suggestions on changing up your environment and routine!

As far as the weekend goes? Try looking at it with anticipation... I know, I know - but living in this limbo must be worse than actually KNOWING if it's going to be made into an issue or not - and then dealing with it. At least after the weekend, you'll have some answers.

We'll be here - weekends I'm kind of scarce here sometimes but my hubby's away and I"ll make a point to check in frequently to see how you're doing, OK? :l

~lola
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Lolab...

Thank you so much for you're words of wisdom and for your support.....I need all that I can get right now. I will be checking in over the weekend. Until next time have a wonderful day.
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown

Comment

Good morning One Red:

It's amazing how waking up sans hangover becomes the norm! But it never gets old.

As for the weekend, yes please post and read. My demons are lined up right alongside your demons! We can have and early Halloween party!! :H

You aren't alone in this anymore:h

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Thanks Kradle123....

Demon free is the way I chose and want to live the rest of my life! I am so blasted tired of hanging my head low! Alcohol free living is the only way for me.
          ~Author Unknown

Comment

One -
            Good luck this weekend. I am scarce on weekends too, but my daughter will be at her dads so I will finally have access to the laptop! I'll check in to see how you are. Believe me, I've had my fair share of having to live down stupid episodes...but you know what? You'll get through it, and it will soon be in the past. And the best part is that you'll NEVER have to go through this again! Be strong...admit your mistakes, apologize if necessary, and then move on.

Keep us posted! :h

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks K9Lover,

The anxiety is killing me...having absolute panic attack. I know I have to face what I did, but how do you apologize for doing something so hurtful and so awful? Something that could truly unravel our lives....and all because of alcohol, and something that I can only remember small bits and pieces of. I am trying so hard not to beat myself up anymore....I know that all I can do is apologize and never ever touch, smell, or drink a drop of alcohol again. May God have mercy on me!
              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Awe one red shoe. I hope you can forgive yourself first. That's important. Learn from out m
                Mistakes, take responsibility & move on. I know cause I've been there too!!
                Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey bouchard01....

I am working on the forgiving myself part...but I never ever want to forget what caused me to hit my rock bottom. The only way is up....AFL is what I desire. And I am doing it baby!
                  ~Author Unknown

Comment

Hi One, A dear old timer on here told me to read my first post whenever I feel like drinking. I got to tell you, it helps. I looked back and read how much I wanted to stop drinking and why. One, try it.
                    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

The world is just a better place hangover free, congrats on what I am sure will the first of many!

And whats even better is not hearing the dread: Do you remember what you said/did last night
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                      X