Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again

Hello, all.
    I was a member a couple years ago, and simply can't remember my old login name, so I come back as a newbie. During the time I was away I spent most of the two years abstaining, with a few slips - planned and personal. This summer, however, after discussing it with my sweet guy who does NOT have a drinking problem, I decided to try drinking in moderation. I wanted to drink like a regular person, darn it! Well, two and a half months later I find myself back here, not wanting to quit drinking but realizing that I am putting that sweet guy in a hard place. I don't drink every night (or even most nights of the week); when I do drink I don't always over-do, but I KNOW that my drinking isn't like a regular person. I keep a hidden bottle (oh, poop that's hard to admit) just in case I want an extra shot. I buy more often than he knows. When I go to the liquor store, I pay cash for my drink, and use the checkbook for his drink, so that he doesn't know what I've bought for myself. Pretty disheartening that I could be so underhanded. This just isn't right and I know it. And yet, I don't want to have to give up the ability to have a glass of wine at a nice dinner out, or to have a glass with my sister.

SO, I come back here, and will continue to check in. Thanks for being here, still.

Back again

Hi Noname,

Welcome back! I'm glad you've found us again. Most people who are first starting out don't want to think of NEVER drinking again. Most, if not all, of us have tried to moderate. I have to say, I've never been successful at it...but boy did I try! When I finally accepted that I simply cannot drink, life became easier. No more bargaining with myself...no more setting limits, or waiting until a certain time of the day, etc, etc. For me it's easier not to drink. No, it doesn't happen over night, but neither did my problem...it took time, and it will take time to heal. Be patient and take it day by day, minute by minute if necessary. Please keep posting and let us know how you are!

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Back again

Thank you, K9Lover!
      I know that this is the best place for me to be. I will keep checking back. Good to know that there are others in the world who are like me. Thank you for your reply... makes me feel welcomed!

Comment

Back again

Welcome nonamegirl!

Good that you're being honest with yourself and have come back!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Back again

Hi Noname,
          How are you doing today? I hope you're well. I look forward to hearing more from you!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Back again

I'm back too at Day 11 ... welcome back ... keep on keeping on!
            Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
            Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
            10 days - Sept 13, 2012
            2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
            Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
            AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
            Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X