Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faced the Demon head on

A Great Big Giant Thanks to all of you!

Faced last weekends actions head on today...went way better than I anticipated. I won't bore you with the details....the point is that what I did is over and done with, it is in my past. I can now begin to let it go, I am not going to lie and say it is something I will easily forget, I want to forgive myself, but I never want to forget what my rock bottom was. I am not proud of my actions that led me to my rock bottom but am happy in a sense that it happened otherwise I may have just continued down the self destructive path that alcohol would have led me. I will still be checking in a lot over the weekend as the weekends are when I am at my weakest! Thank you all again for your support and guidance, I don't know what I would do without you!
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Faced the Demon head on

Red, just wanted to say welcome to MWO, not sure what you did but it really doesn't matter, I am sure we all did stupid things while intoxicated that we regret doing, I know I did! Geez it keeps me going strong now though! Just pick up your heals and move right on along for a better life AL free. I am on day 9 and have never felt better in my AL life!
    Good luck on your journey and keep us posted on how your doing.:welcome:
    Kdog
    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Faced the Demon head on

Hi One, I'm so glad you put that mistake behind you. I wish you luck this weekend. Keep strong.
      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Faced the Demon head on

Kdog....Congratulations on 9 days. Keep on pushing! You keep me posted on how your journey and I will keep you posted on mine.

Stumpy....you are great. How are you doing? I am going to stay strong this weekend....I am armed with MWO and all of the great people here. Not saying it is going to be easy....I am sure I will be posting a lot.
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown

Comment

Faced the Demon head on

Hi ORS:

I know there's a thread here somewhere called ' You know you're an alcoholic when...' I read that ALOT when I first got here. Some of the stories were....well...frankly they were hilarious. But everyone was laughing so.... :H

:l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Faced the Demon head on

Good for you!!!!
            Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
            Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
            10 days - Sept 13, 2012
            2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
            Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
            AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
            Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Faced the Demon head on

Kradle123.....

So I just read that thread..."You know your an alcoholic when...". I can definitely relate to some of those responses Espically runing out of booze and hitting up the neighbhor, licking up my spills and marrying the last little bit of my beers as not to be wasteful. Geez oh Pete......
              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
              X