Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning All...day 5 for me

This is day 5 of AF for me....

Last night was a challenge for me as I would normally have started my "weekend" drinking benders. I survived, didn't sleep well at all, actually didn't fall asleep until the wee hours of the morning. I wanted to sleep in but decided to get my butt out of bed instead. It's weird though because I sort of feel like I have a hangover. Is this because I am conditioned to have a hangover? I have also set Monday September 17 as my quit smoking date. This could possibly be harder for me than quitting drinking. I want to stop damaging my body in all ways.... Please everyone hold me accountable for these goals of mine.
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

HI, Oneredshoe,
    Wow... I am in awe of you wanting to quit smoking on top of your work with quitting drinking. It will be difficult, but I KNOW you can do it. Hold you accountable? Okay, I promise. I will keep looking back to see how you are doing. But one slip doesn't make a landslide. Treat yourself kindly. Step by step in the right direction will get you there.

Comment

Good Morning OneRed, WTG on 5 days! I have felt hungover for a few days now, I think it's from lack of sleep. I know you didn't sleep much last night, so that could be the reason.
      Funny, it was the first night i could sleep a bit, I got about 4 hours of sleep lol.
      I want to quit smoking as well, I decided to wait at least after one month of AF. I don't think I could handle both at once. My motto is slow and steady.
      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Congrats keep going ... I quit smoking 24 years ago & that was so I could live too see my son's children Graduate high school. He at the time was only 1, he is now 25. I have never regretted quitting, ever.
        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

smoking

i wanna quit smoking too.it seems like cutting back acohol makes me smoke more cuz i get edgy,uh im sick of my hair and clothes stinking like cigs,best of luck to you
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey paulywogg....

If and when you decide to quit smoking drop me a line....we can be quit buddies. K9lover has been smoke free for 19 days and is full of usefull information and tips
            "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
            ~Author Unknown
            AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Paulywogg, no kidding. I have been smoking a lot more then before I quit drinking but I cannot master two quits at once. I wish you luck if you decide to quit.
              AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
              AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Working...
              X