We did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did it!

I went AF on the same day as another wine drinking MWOer (wino2007) and we have both made it to 12 days! We are closing in on 2 weeks. Wanted to say thanks for the welcomes, the encouragements and the great support and ideas for making it all work.
    I have made it through an Oscar party at a bar, a mardi gras party, my favorite annual party of the year with tons of great wine and beer, after school happy hour at my pal's house, book club and 4 days unsupervised by my husband (who I love dearly and from whom I try to hide the amount I drink and who tries to monitor me). And, I was given a 6 pack of beer for organizing the school sock hop with aforementioned pal. Next challenge - dinner party! One of my most favorite activities is having dinner and too much wine with friends -- they'll probably fall over when I decline the wine (my new mantra).
    Love the kudzu, read the book. Bought L-Glutamine and take it occasionally but haven't found a need for anything else. It's so amazing to wake up and not wonder if you are going to feel horrid all day until you can have a medicinal glass. I haven't done the hypnotherapy as I'm saving it for if and when I feel like I need a boost.
    Turns out that what I love most about MWO is that all of you never offer me a drink. Those around us, even if they love and support us, don't always relish the change. Most of the time, I'm a very fun and happy drunk. People like to be around me -- let's hope the moderate me can be a good time also.
    THANKS!
    Mama T.
    Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

We did it!

Well done!

:goodjob: Many congrats to you both - hope I can be celebrating as hard in about 10 days! It's great to hear all the challenges you've faced too - not hidden away from - must have taken courage, though sounds like you have lots of that!

All the best and keep it up! Arial
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

We did it!

I just read your post Arial

I noticed we have similar drinking patterns and was going to send you a note -- thanks so much for jumping in with the posts -- I love this place. It's really working for me and so is the kudzu - my fave. I don't know if I have courage or just an unwillingness to say no and stay home and hide. Whatever it is, I am not arguing with my success up to this point. The time will fly for you too and before you know it, you'll have that 30 day mark on your calendar. I wrote it in today and see no obstacles at all between now and then. When you think about drinking, sit down and post! Thanks again!
      Mama T.
      Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

We did it!

Wow Mama, that is a lot of social events to tackle. Not sure I could do that. Good for you!!! Thanks for the great news and keep it up!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

We did it!

Great job Mama!!! Holy crap are you ever strong! I think it is awesome you are doing this with someone. Power in numbers I say. Keep up the good work. Very inspiring for the rest of us!

Comment

We did it!

Very well done indeed!
            Control the Mind

Comment

We did it!

Congratulations mamatee and wino2007! What a great accomplishment! I'm right behind you at 9 days but I haven't had any challenges to face like you have. I give you tremendous credit for being able to go out and socialize. Keep up with your great success, you are both an inspiration!

Comment

We did it!

Hi Mama T,

We do seem to have similarities as the first af day I went to the huge festival here with a friend - great atmosphere, loads of drinking, several bars - and the hardest part was finding something non-alcoholic to drink in the bars - they laughed when I asked for a hot chocolate and pointed me in the direction of Starbucks! The second day I went to a drinks party with a group of friends - a bit tougher that as I love red wine and that is what was flowing. However, great company, great conversation and I managed without the great wine (don't know how long this will last!) - don't know what it is - stobborness - refusal, finally to be beaten, that vision beyond the booze...? I'm still waiting for the tapes and kudzo though, as already day 3's harder so I know I have a long way to go - so keep talking to me - I don't want to catch you up, but I'd like to follow not too far behind!
                All the best.

Goals:
                Days 1-7 DONE
                Days 8-14 DONE
                Days 15-21 DONE
                30 days DONE
                60 days
                100 days

Comment

We did it!

Mamatee... my god, that is awesome! I'm with Arial... I don't want to catch you up but continue following not too far behind. Big *hug*for you!

I think it's realy awesome that you've got a co-partner in this... how much easier it would make it. Are you emailing eachother daily, or chatting over the phone? The personal support to each other would be really helpful, I'm sure.

DooDoo
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

We did it!

Bloody well done you guys... following behind you on 3 days AF... For me its the kudzu and hypno that have done the trick - was really struggling before they arrived. Last night I went out with the girls after choir (I know, wild life I lead eh?) and they all drank wine, as I would have done in the past (also would have done before and after...) Was worried about a relapse so had a little lie down before I went out and did half an hour of the hypno and you know what, I had absolutely no desire to drink alcohol. drank tonic water and lime and had a great time.

for those still in 2 minds about kudzu and hypno, let me tell you, they are life changing...

Husband said this morning he was jealous of my ability to be AF - gave him the extra bottle of Kudzu that I'd ordered, anticipating this conversation, and he's going to start the hypno today. Woohoo!

love and success to you alln - dontcha just love this place? K xxx

Comment

We did it!

Hi Kate -

Your enthusiasm and excitement for life is awesome! - glad you've been able to reclaim it -and great that husband's on board - talk about support -all the best to him, too. Look forward to hearing how it all goes - still waiting for the kudzo here - but you've got me convinced!

Hi, also, Doo-Doo - we're both starting out at the same time, so definitely keep in touch!

:goodjob: everyone!

Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment

Working...