Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear You know

Dear You Know

you know that the way you feel today is a result of a few (to many) after work relaxing ales & wines, you now that having a panic attack in the cafe this morning was due to the amount of relaxing drinks you had last night and you know its also due to a long period of heavy drinking.

You know that this can only go on for so long as your body is breaking down and you know eventually something will give, you know that you cant keep taking wild long routes to work to avoid anxiety from things like fast motorways
    You know that your children are getting to the age when they are modelling you and you know you would not want then to do what you are doing

You know that it is a amazing that your partner has stuck by you and you know your partner will one day say enough is enough and you also know you would not want to be single and alone

You know that you have lost all drive and ambition , you know that once you were unstopable in your career and now you know you just do enough to get by each day

You know now is a good time to take a break from the booze and you know you can do it but you know what ....... when will you know its time to start

love you know

Dear You know

Love it. Nice work xx
    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Dear You know

I reckon your post says it all - the time is now!
      This is do-able! Take your time and read through as many posts as you can. Going back and reading where some members were feeling like you do right now and have made it through to happy sober lives is inspirational.
      The Newbies Nest is a great place to start. You will get a lot of support from people who are aiming for the same goal and from others who are alcohol-free and stay around to help.
      I wish you well ..... believe in yourself....
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Dear You know

Great poem. Original? I love it.

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
        X