X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindlessness

This goes along with my post 'WOW... it's Making Sense! and 1 Day AF!'

From the book ?Whereever You Are There You Are? Introduction:

?Guess what? When it comes right down to it, wherever you go, there you are. Whatever you wind up doing that?s what you?ve wound up doing. Whatever you are thinking right now, that?s what?s on your mind. Whatever has happened to you, it has already happened. The important question is, how are you going to handle it? In other words, ?Now what??

?Like it or not, this moment is all we really have to work with. Yet we all too easily conduct our lives as if forgetting momentarily that we are here, where we already are, and that we are in what we are already in. In every moment, we find ourselves at the crossroad of here and now. But when the cloud of forgetfulness over where we are now sets in, in that very moment we get lost. ?Now what? becomes a real problem.

?By lost, I mean that we momentarily lose touch with ourselves and with the full extent of our possibilities. Instead, we fall into a robotlike way of seeing and thinking and doing. In those moments, we break contact with what is deepest in ourselves and affords us perhaps our greatest opportunities for creativity, learning, and growing. If we are not careful, those clouded moments can stretch out and become most of our lives.?

More of the introduction of this book later?.
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Mindlessness

moment

i agree the moment is now! i try not to take on too much or i get overwhelmed and anxious and end up drinking,so just live in the now,sober,tomorrow i can tackle bigerr stuff little at a time
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mindlessness

When I was drinking, I definitely fell into the robot way of seeing, thinking and doing, and it wasn't just momentary. It's the only way I could co-exist with my addiction and all the related guilt and shame and regrets. I was very disconnected with the world and myself, living the charade of functional person by day and alcoholic by night and all the secrets and lies. Getting sober really helped me to reconnect with who I am at my core and to live in the now one day at a time. It was an absolute must for me to to learn in order to be successful in my recovery. Sounds like a really good book, similar to the Power of Now.
      AF since 3/16/09
      NF since 3/20/07

Comment

Mindlessness

Thanks for the great post, Rainyday. Struggling right now and reading this is inspiring.

Comment

Working...
        X