Prisoner Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prisoner Today

Would it be worth $32 to NOT feel like you are feeling? Can you ask your hubs to get rid of the 2 bottles or you will do it for him? However, you CAN say no them remember....you are not powerless! We also have a member on here who is a wine maker (of ALL things) who just tastes it and spits it out. You do what you gotta do! Strength to you...B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Prisoner Today

RD, the thing that worries me about you planning to finish those off is you are continuing the cycle, you will finish them off over the next few nights and before you know it the weekend is here and you decide well this will be last weekend, then Sunday is here and there are those 2 for 1's again and you will be right back here next Tuesday with the same feeling of being a prisoner.

When I found this site it was a Monday morning with worst hangover ever after a weekend binge, I felt sooooooo bad I was sure my body would not even allow me to make my regular after work stop at the liquor store and after being on this site all day I was sure i had enough encouragement to skip it, but sure enough I got in the car away from this site and my AL brain convinced me to stop..... got back on Tuesday morning with another hangover and same exact outcome, got back on this site Wednesday spent entire afternoon reading a thread about what I hate/Loathe about AL (see link at bottom) and that day in the car on the way home I told myself, just today, just DON'T stop today, give yourself one day you deserve it, prove to yourself you can, if you want it tomorrow you can have it, AND I DID IT, I didn't stop that day or any day since.

Sometimes you need to do something drastic, change things up in order to get a different result, stop putting things off because who makes a life change on a Wednesday, everyone knows you start on a Monday.....

You sound really really passionate about ending this cycle and being there for your kids.

No matter how you decide to get yourself sober we are all here for you and will be for as long as you come around whether you are sharing successes or failures or your 100th attempt.......

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ghlight=loathe
      And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Prisoner Today

I agree...bargaining with myself and sayin that after this bottle is gone then I'll quit...is exactly I kept going for the past 10 years. There's never going to be a perfect time to quit...when there isn't an upcoming holiday...or when there just happens to be no booze in the house...or when all the planets align...if you continue a few more days is tomorrow going to be the night that something truly awful happens because of alcohol? I say if you're serious, you'll "make" this the right time....but ultimately it's your decision.
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Prisoner Today

Hi Rainyday,

So sorry to hear about those da*m bottles! I really don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said.

Day 1 and breaking "the cycle" is tough, but keep reminding yourself that it's dirty, nasty, filthy liquid that is going to take control of your ability to be the best possible you, you can be. And, that is an absolute truth.

Hang in there!

Comment

Prisoner Today

How are you today rainyday?
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Prisoner Today

Hi Rainy!

What happened with the bottles? I hope you are doing okay today, please let us know!

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
              X