1st day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st day

Ldemi3;1384010 wrote: Thanks for helping.

Is it normal to feel you are high (not that I have great experience of that) but floating and weird?
    I found this. You may want to slowly withdrawal if you are able to. How severe alcohol withdrawal is depends on the person. How much they drank. How many years. How their body handles alcohol.

?Alcohol withdrawal may include any of the following signs and symptoms:

◦Minor symptoms: These usually begin 5 to 8 hours after your last alcohol drink. You may feel anxious, agitated, restless, nervous, shaky, or trembling. You may also have problems sleeping, too much sweating, a fast heartbeat, or decreased appetite.

◦Major symptoms: Twenty-four to 72 hours after your last drink, your minor withdrawal symptoms may become worse. You may feel confused or more restless, agitated, shaky, or trembling. You may also have frequent rapid eye movements, excessive cold sweats, nausea (upset stomach), or vomiting (throwing up). Other symptoms may include a fast heartbeat, high blood pressure, problems thinking clearly, or seizures (convulsions). You may start hallucinating (seeing or hearing things that are not present).

◦Delirium tremens: Delirium tremens may occur from 72 to 96 hours after the last drink. You may have fever, very high blood pressure, or a fast heartbeat. You may also be sweating a lot, delirious (manic or hysterical), or shaking very badly. Seizures, heart attacks, breathing problems, or strokes may also occur.
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

1st day

hi ldemi,i always feel like that when tapering back,thats why its taken me so damn long too quit! im only 11 days and im still out of it off and on,try to taper a few days,eat what ya can,water water water,then try some exercise,keep up the vitamins too,stick it out!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

1st day

Ldemi3;1384006 wrote: I woke up every hour last night (had better sleep on the normal volume of wine)
        You weren't sleeping, you were unconscious. Now your body is going to have to re-learn how to sleep. Not being able to sleep at first is the most common complaint amongst people who are getting sober. Be patient, it will resolve itself in time. You did not get like this overnight, and you will not get better overnight. Everything you are feeling is normal, but I am NOT a doctor, so if you are scared, please go see one.

Give yourself 3-4 days to start feeling better.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

1st day

Try some melatonin about 1/2 hour before you retire for the evening. It works great to get you to relax and sleep.

Comment

1st day

BIG Welcome Ldemi3
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

1st day

K9Lover;1384168 wrote: You weren't sleeping, you were unconscious. Now your body is going to have to re-learn how to sleep. Not being able to sleep at first is the most common complaint amongst people who are getting sober. Be patient, it will resolve itself in time. You did not get like this overnight, and you will not get better overnight. Everything you are feeling is normal, but I am NOT a doctor, so if you are scared, please go see one.

Give yourself 3-4 days to start feeling better.
              Thanks for this info. Another one in the toolbag for the weekend.

Just letting those know what things they say that help. Very appreciative to those who have stuck around to give all this useful advice/info.
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

1st day

Ldemi3;1384040 wrote: Can anyone tell me why I am eating so much sugar and wanting to cry and its nothing to do with dreadful movie I have just watched, or why the clock seems to be taking five hours to make an hour. I'm not this much out of my head when I am drunk.
                Very normal and as Lav said, it's because our bodies are used to so much sugar from AL. I had big time sugar cravings and unfortunately I still do. Maybe I'm a partly evolved cookie monster...in fact I also turned blue plenty of times in the first 30 AF day. I'm alright for now, but am on new territory so not sure where the path goes from here on those issues. I'll tackle them a day at a time if they revisit.

Excuse me, but I need to go find a cookie or something sweet.

Have a good day.
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

1st day

Hi LD

Great advice from everyone! Just wanted to add that you are not alone- you have people from ALL OVER THE PLANET who are here to help and just hold your hand.

My dear friend ate bags and bags of peanut M&M's and I ate tons of ice cream..still do!
                  Take it slowly. You are on you way!! :h

:l
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

1st day

Hey Kradle!

I finally purchased some 1/2 Caff. coffee. It is definitely tamer on the anxiety factor. I won't go back to full strength now. I need that lift in the a.m., but full caff. is just too much of a lift. Thought I'd let you know since I mentioned it in the PM.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Slay
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

1st day

Slaythefear;1384233 wrote: I finally purchased some 1/2 Caff. coffee. It is definitely tamer on the anxiety factor. I won't go back to full strength now. I need that lift in the a.m., but full caff. is just too much of a lift. Thought I'd let you know since I mentioned it in the PM.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Slay
                      Hey Slay ! :h

I didn't even know they made such a thing! I'll look into it.

You are a wealth of info as usual . :thanks:

PS- neck of the woods looking pretty good these days.
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

1st day

Kradle123;1384244 wrote: Hey Slay ! :h

The brand I purchased at the grocery store is Folgers 1/2 Caff...Classic Roast coffee with half the caffeine. I don't know if any other brand makes it currently. I found that and purchased it, and for now am happier with it.

PS- Glad to hear it!!!

Comment

1st day

Kradle123;1384244 wrote: Hey Slay ! :h

Couldn't you just mix 1/2 regular with 1/2 decaf? Just sayin'.

SQUIRREL!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

1st day

K9Lover;1384263 wrote: Couldn't you just mix 1/2 regular with 1/2 decaf? Just sayin'.

SQUIRREL!
                            Of course you can. It didn't cost me any extra to purchase it already blended in one container rather than purchase two separate containers. However, I do believe that is all they do anyway. I won't drink the coffee my husband drinks. It's extra strong Dutch coffee. So buying two separate containers makes no sense in my home. His is still only his.

Maybe someday my morning coffee will disappear, but for now, it helps offset the Ativan effects I have from taking it to sleep the night before. I had that problem even when I wasn't drinking. It started after a VERY VERY bad case of the flu.

SSSSSSSQQQQQQQQUIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X