First Day!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day!!!

I am a good person when I don't drink...she's in there somewhere. I am gonna find her again. She used to be here....

Comment

First Day!!!

Tired,
      You asked about the CDs, I am using the CDs- The abstinence ones - I cannot drink in moderation. Others have heard this before but the CDs have really worked a change n my brain. I do not even want to drink anymore - and believe me I needed to drink previously.

If you could get the book - supplements (I think glutamine and Kudzu may help the most- and the CDs - and then when they come give yourself a break and listen to the Cds and sleep for a couple of days I think you'd be off to a great start and begin to feel like the truly great person you are.

Keep reading and posting - no matter how you feel- no matter what happens - this site can be a healing, grounding place without judgement and with lots of encouragement!

Bless you:h
      Rivergirl

Comment

First Day!!!

Dear Tired,
        Welcome. I know you can do this! I am not saying it will be easy but you really want it and that's the most important thing. You will be amazed at how much better you feel in the morning! I went around with a headache most every morning for the better part of 25 years! Today is AF day #12 for me...There have been some days (like today for some stupid reason) when I REALLY want to drink but have made a friend here on this site who is helping me ALOT and am writing writing writing in my journal to try to figure out where the craving comes from and what I can do in its place. I have found that Pelligrino (Italian mineral water) with lime and LOTS of ice seems to be a good substitue in my favorite wine glass...still feels festive and kinda special. I'm on my second case! Best wishes to you on your journey...you are a GOOD mom for wanting to do this for your kids...hang in there! WINO2007

Comment

Working...
        X