October Sober...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Sober...

Catbuddy;1393995 wrote: Okay, yes, night time in California. My favorite way to start the day? Cupajoe and MWO posts and pm's. It's like Christmas every morning 'cause I'm at the end of the time zones! Not sure where Kuya's day fits into all of this.

Had to share re green breakfast. After a lovely Sunday hike, I went to brunch. I had GREEN eggs and ham. The dish was poached eggs with Black Forest ham covered in a salsa verde, served with black beans and cheese. Yummmmmmmm.

Wishing you all a good Sober 'tober whenever your day begins.

Catbuddy
    I LOVE GREEN EGGS AND HAM... (i make a version of green eggs where i add pesto to the eggs)... Your brunch sounds brilliant! Makes me want to make a to do list so as i can reward myself with something as nice..:

1. Start writing the damn essay (I have to write an essay for you Uni folks)
    2. Go to lecture and class
    3. Continue writing the damn essay
    4. Run
    5. Green eggs and ham

RC

Comment

October Sober...

God i would love a glass of vino today, off to a kids tea party where all the mums will be having a cheeky glass ;0( it's the first day I've really fancied it. Wish me luck.
      Any tips helpful xxx
      AF since 2nd Oct 2012
      Day by day

Comment

October Sober...

Yay! Day 17 everyone! This month is flying by. Bummed that I haven't lost any weight though...too many sweets!
        "If you want something you've never had...you have to be willing to do something you've never done!"- unknown

Comment

October Sober...

Hi All, I've been busy looking for a new job. I'm still sober. I am still having insomnia, my doctor wants me on Trazondone. I hate taking medication so I have been prolonging it but I think at this point I have no choice. I can't even function at this point.

Mootsbill, just have a ice cold glass of club soda with double line or lemon, it's a kids party. There shouldn't really be booze there anyway. You are doing too well to screw it up now. Let me know how it goes.
          AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
          AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

October Sober...

Stumpy, that's a bitty shit not sleeping. Sorry, i wish i could send you some natural sleepiness. Can you go on the Traz' for a short time and then come off? I don't know about sleeping aids other than wine, and that's one nobody needs.

Dang, feel for you Stumpy. :huggy Hope the Traz' helps even if it is unwanted meds.

RC

Comment

October Sober...

RunningCourage, first I want to say WAY TO GO! what is it now? 32 days for you? Wow.

Now back to me lol...I can't even think about drinking, no desire right now, I just thought the sleeping problem would end by now. It's not like I was a fall down Rummi, I used to have a few glasses of wine at night and a bit/lot more on weekends. This may be caused by something else. Anyhoo, we have to keep on trucking.
              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

October Sober...

Silver, the weight will come off, I promise. At first I gained 3 pounds and I was like (what the heck?) now I'm down 6 pounds. Are you working out? walking? eating right? Be proud of your 17 days AF.
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

October Sober...

Hey, It's only 31... but then yesterday was a long day!

Your relationship with drinkings sounds like mine. I'm still having cravings, but they're not (nor probably ever have been) physical. It's just me thinking it'd be nice to tumble into a bottle of wine while squinting at a movie.

So can the doc look to see if they can find out what might be the cause? Reckon it's head or body related? This will be no softner, but i'm getting up a quite ridiculously early times just now (5am) but still hit the hay at usual time (11pm-ish). Actually i suppose that's not that bad really...

RC

Comment

October Sober...

RC, lol I would kill for your six hour sleeps hahaha, I get that in a week. I don't even crave wine and I hate all other alcohol, always have. I just became a bit dependent on my vino at night. I really don't want to take meds to sleep but at this point I may try, even if it's for a few days, maybe it will bring my normal sleep pattern back.
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

October Sober...

Hope so - good luck with it. Let us know how it goes, or even if you want someone to chat to through the night

Comment

October Sober...

Hi Stumpy,
                        I remember reading from someone on MWO that their insomnia was helped tremendously by taking some l-trptophan (as opposed to the derivative 5-HTP) an hour before bed and some melatonin a half hour before bedtime. L-tryptophan is not available in all countries, but it is available, I believe, online. Even in the U.S., you need to call around, because not everyone carries it. And melatonin should never be taken during daylight hours, only before bedtime. Start with a low dose of melatonin, otherwise you will have some crazy dreams. You can probably check onlihe, or with a health food store as to the best doses to start with. Good luck.
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

October Sober...

Wow, Thank you Almost Free. How are you doing?
                          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

October Sober...

Well I survived, lots of tea and cake, was offered a glass whilst we were tidying up the chaos but declined whohooooo took my lglutamine and kudzu today I swear it helps.
                            Stumpy I am ok now but have suffered from awful insomnia in the past, I suffered badly from post natal depression after my first child, I was hospitalised since then I've been on escitalapram which helps but I have to do all the right things too, relax, no caffeine after midday, reading before sleep, etc. but maybe meds would get you on the right track for a few days?
                            AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                            Day by day

Comment

October Sober...

Stumpy and AF: I live in the US and I just picked up some 500mg L-Tryptophan from the Vitamin Shoppe. It was kind of costly but if it works it'll be well worth the money.
                              One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

October Sober...

WoooHooo indeed Moots! :goodjob: Hope the cake was munchious and devilicious

Comment

Working...
                                X