Tapering off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapering off

Greetings, y'all. I'm on day two of tapering off. Yesterday, I was able to keep it to one beer an hour from noon until midnight and only had very mild withdrawal symptoms, like a headache. I didn't even shake at all. The plan today is to start tapering a couple of hours later then to only have one ever 1.5 hours then only to taper after work for the next few days to slow down until my body is ready to make the final jump without being at too much risk. I know tapering can be risky in terms of relapsing, but I'm extremely committed at this point and I know others have successfully tapered, so I know I can, too.

But I do have a question. Everything I've read says to use melatonin or valerian to get some sleep during the insomnia caused by the withdrawals (I was up literally all night last night). I found a product called Alteril that has both melatonin and valerian and also L-tryptophan, but it does say not to use it with alcohol. But given that I'll only be having 7 or 8 all day today and almost all of it will have metabolizd by the time I'm ready to go to bed, this really shouldn't be an issue, right?

Thanks in advance for any help and if there's a better place to ask this question, point the way.

Tapering off

hey paul,i used tapering to quit,it was pretty easy for me i went like you said one day 12,next day 10 and so on til i was down to one a nite,then nothing,i felt weird at times but no seizures,hallucinations,etc.good luck to you
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Tapering off

i totally didnt touch on your question,ive heard of that sleep supp,ive never used it,bit i did use melatonin,i think if you have alcohol in you it has an opposite effect kinda edginess,did me anyways,try some sleepytime tea,it knocks me out
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Tapering off

I used tryptophan and melatonin when I was still drinking for many months with no problem, and that was while intoxicated.

You need to sleep cos insomnia is cited as the main reason people start drinking again.

I am now sober and take tryptophan one hour before I want to sleep and melatonin half hour later.

It stops the mouse on a wheel thinking and you will drift off within an hour but not wake feeling fuzzy.

Hope that helps

KY

Comment

Working...
        X