New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi Almost F. Hope you are feeling better, just sending you some support, don't give in, it really does get easier.

Comment

New here

Oh Paula, so glad with your reply. My husband knows but he thinks it is no problem. Because I still have the routine of my work and that takes a lot of me. So I trie hard to manage that, because I am not in such a good situation that I can loose my job. But he does not know of my feeling worse every day I wake up in the morning.

And also I know: if I loose my job, what will become of me? Now I have to get up in the morning. I have responsibilities, thank God, because they keep me standing up.

Comment

New here

Sorry for the miserable way of writing in English, I hope you understand what I mean.

I am feeling so sad now, I can cry. I am drinking my wine right now and I hate it. Tomorrow I will regret it

Comment

New here

Jessy,
          Can you put the wine down and switch to water or tea? You already know you will regret it, so take action now. I know it's not easy, in fact it's HARD...but you CAN do it. Find the strength and put the wine aside.
          I'll be thinking of you.
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

New here

Hi Everyone,

And thank you K9 and Paula for your encouragement. Welcome to all the other single digit newbies, Patrick, Merlot, Jessy, Honeysoup. So good to have others starting out again, too. Day 3 for me.

So many common thoughts and problems. I, too, had it all together for years, sharing a nightly glass or two of wine with my husband. Hubby and kids all well cared for, house clean, duties taken care of. I didn't start until dinner time, and since the older kids has left for college and the youngest was a teenager, I didn't have a lot of hands-on duties to take care of with kids, thank God! Everything was going well.

Then that horrible day came that I took a drink (alone) during the day. That eventually escalated into more tippling during the day, and then having to keep my own secret stash, because the single bottle with my husband just wasn't enough anymore. After a while, I started needing a morning drink to knock down the shakes, then it became a real downward spiral.

My greatest dream was to be able to have that glass or two each evening, but try as I might, it always seems to go downhill within a short time. For those who are able to do this, my hat is off to them. God knows I've tried to make it work for me. (I do so love wine!) For now, I'm just going to concentrate on one day at a time, instead of the' forever' thing. Good luck to everyone, whether they are abstaining, moderating or just trying to get more sober days per month. Bless you all!
            AF since 12/2/12
            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

New here

Hi Merlot,
              It's 6pm my time, almost through day 3. Finally feeling human again. Actually feeling pretty good. Just going to get through the next few hours until bedtime. Hoping that tomorrow will be better.

It's funny the last thing that I remember before I got my two years sobriety, is that I completely gave up the fight. I was not even going to try anymore. I resigned myself that I was going to die drunk and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. It was complete acceptance. Or resignation. I kept remembering the saying: 'that which you resist, persists'. Maybe there is something in that, but it's only when I finally stopped fighting that something seemed to happen. It's such a mystery......

Maybe it was one of those 'let go and let God' things. I don't know what it was, but I ended up throwing it all away. No, I can't really say that. It was two years that I wasn't killing myself, possibly getting pulled over while driving, who knows what could have happened. Well, I'm grateful for those two years and hope I can get back where I was. Wishing you the same success and hope you are feeling better and get over your cold soon. Have a great evening.
              AF since 12/2/12
              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

New here

Jessy

Everyone can quit. And it is hard. But, it can be done. Take care of yourself.

Comment

New here

hi Jessy, welcome again. did you know there is a special group for users of baclofen and other meds?
                  if you start a thread over there, you'll get lots of support from people who've done the baclofen cure and can help you with that specifically. it's where my thread is also.
                  not that the people around here aren't great and loving and supporting!!!!! i think the whole mwo community is so very great.... :l
                  but since you already started taking baclofen (good for you!! i've tried all kinds of treatments and ways, and this is the only one that's been really successful), in my experience it's enormously helpful to start a thread in that group.

keep going! and keep posting. you're on the way out!

Comment

New here

Hi Jessy, hope you are feeling more positive today. Your English is great, and very understandable. I just wanted to offer you support and to let you know we have all been there, and it does get easier with time. You will not regret giving AL up! I love waking up feeling refreshed and ready for the day, something I was not able to do when I drank every night, and I hated going to work feeling that way.
                    Let us know how you are doing.
                    Almost, I hope you are doing well too! I am sure after getting a few years in you know how great it is to feel human again! I also know how it is to start over again, ugh and it seems like each and every time gets harder and harder. Keep us posted as well.:welcome:
                    Kdog
                    Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

New here

hi Jessy, i was wondering how you're doing! so, ehm, how 're you doing? hope you're having nice holidays and all!

Comment

Working...
                      X