• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

Hi!:
    I'm an alcholic and would like information on how to quit
    been to aa but didn't really get anything there
    I start drinking at 5.00 pm and think I'll just have 1 but keep going till bottle empty
    sometimes blackout and don't remember anything or if I'm upset over anything thats when I will let my husband know it (not in a very constructive way ) It's the only way I seem to have the courage as to what is upsetting me
    I know I need help Though some nights I can go without it's just when I'm over tied or upset over something that I seem to think it's okay to have 1
    Also when we have people here they all drink
    please help :new:

hello

:welcome: tammie,

If you can hang in, do ALOT of reading here I am positive you will find a group to gain strength and knowledge from.

I'll post a link for whT is called the toolbox. It has coping info tp that might be helpful. I also found the supplement info very helpful (I'll find you a link or that too).

Now I'm sure someone with more experience will be here real soon.

Hang in there. You Are Not Alone!

CanToo
    AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

hello

Hello Tamie,
      Well you've made a good start by finding MWO.

Start reading the threads here, there's lots of information for you to sift through till you find what is useful and what works for you.

There's lots of people here to give you support and encouragement.

A wonderful member called Guitarista will probably pop on your thread later on... he is a very helpful guy.
      While CanToo is hunting that Toolbox thread, have a look around the site.

Comment

hello

Ok tammie here you go.

I started with the supplements to get my cravings under control. And I read different threads, collecting info, thoughts and reading the stories. Once in a while I'd post a sentence or two and would feel hopeful when I got a response. I was so alone.

Those first few weeks were not easy - nothing worth having in life is. I hope you can find comfort here as I did.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ine-37269.html

Quit drinking today the easy way!
        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

hello

Welcome, Tammie.

I joined just 9 days ago, so am on a very new journey. I have found great help in "Newbies Nest" a mixture of those starting out and many who remain to help guide us through the process.

Drop on by!

Catbuddy
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

hello

Welcome Tammie. You've found wonderful, safe place with lots of support.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

hello

Welcome Tammie, Please try out the Newbie Nest, there is so much information over there and lots of help. Again :welcome:
              AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
              AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

hello

Hey Tammie,

I'm relatively new here also. Yep - check out the Newbies Nest and the Toolbox as posted by CanToo.

Look forward to seeing you around.

RunningCourage

Comment

hello

Hi there Tammie,
                  I'm struugling with the Al, and this place is a great place for help advice and friendship. We are all in the same boat. I'm about to start on some supplements which will hopefully curb those carvings, also embarked on a generally healthier regime (!). Slightly rough start, but a start all the same.
                  :welcome: x

Comment

hello

Hi Tammie!!! Welcome!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hello

Hi Tammie!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...527-30074.html

Here is a link to the Newbies Nest...please join us over there!

I can totally relate to your drinking cycle...it was the same for me. I felt like I was "ok" because I NEVER drank during the day, sometimes I'd even make it until 7:00pm! But once I started...all bets were off. I was drinking 12-14 beers per night. I drove drunk too many times to count, and I was blacking out, then passing out almost every night. I finally quit when drinking became harder than not drinking.

Please stick around, keep posting and read, read, read!

We're glad to have you and look forward to getting to know you!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

hello

noodle;1390665 wrote: Hi there Tammie,
                        I'm struugling with the Al, and this place is a great place for help advice and friendship. We are all in the same boat. I'm about to start on some supplements which will hopefully curb those carvings, also embarked on a generally healthier regime (!). Slightly rough start, but a start all the same.
                        :welcome: x
                        Tammie, you will find much humor on this site. Noodle's picture, for example. Noodle, everytime I see it I watch in fascination and just laugh! It is such a great icon. Thank you for always bringing a smile to my face.

Catbuddy
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

hello

Catbuddy;1390969 wrote: Tammie, you will find much humor on this site. Noodle's picture, for example. Noodle, everytime I see it I watch in fascination and just laugh! It is such a great icon. Thank you for always bringing a smile to my face.

Catbuddy
                          Same here...I just CAN'T look away!

I think it's a chocolate marshmallow with fangs? If only he were dancing Gundam Style...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_2v3T_yD8[/video]]Gundam Style - YouTube

(those of you with teenagers won't even have to look at the video to know what I mean...unfortunately. LOL)
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

hello

Thankyou everyone day 2 here I come

Comment

Working...
                            X