Newbies Nest Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eloise
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

May 17, 2015

rooniferd - Day 100 (OMG I can't believe I did it!)

Comment

May 17, 2015

New Page - Day 190 (Congrats on 100 Rooni, awesome!!! Congrats to Eloise on one year! WOW!)
        Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Ok, who's in charge of the Red Carpet? Are the trumpets ready? Jane, do you have the confetti ready?

Mile Stoners, may I have your attention? I know, I know, please be seated.....the whole room is buzzing (and not the way you might think!) :haha:

There are two faithful friends who are celebrating very important anniversaries today. May we have Ronniford and Eloise up to the stage?!

Rooni, I remember when you first flew in! A fellow NC girl! Similar to the path that the Prize Patrol took, we didn't get this on the first try.....we got bloodied up a bit along the way. Maybe that is what makes victory even sweeter....because we had to work so long and hard to achieve it. Here's to your personal victory, 100 Days! Please feel free to join in the discussions on the 100 day thread! We couldn't be more proud of you!!! Keep riding, it gets better from here!
          :llama:

Eloise! Eloise! Eloise!
          My fellow Prize Patroler, my dear friend....well done.
          One year puts you in Elite status. You now get to fly with more leg room and fewer distractions! You saved yourself and then assisted others. On this high-flying occasion, do you have a few words for your one year acceptance speech? I couldnt be more proud of you! Thank you for all you do to support others here on this site. If I weren't considerably older than you, I'd want to be you when I grow up! Strength, character, grace.....
          :fairy: :hyper:

Keep flying! It gets better still! Much love and admiration,
          PP
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

May 17, 2015

New Page - Day 190 (Congrats on 100 Rooni, awesome!!! Congrats to Eloise on one year! WOW!)
            Pie - Day 311 (Hooray for our milestoners!)

Comment

May 17, 2015

Eloise 365
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
                May 17, 2015

Eloise 365
                Congrats on ONE YEAR Eloise!!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                  May 17, 2015

Roonie, you done did it!!!
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thanks ABcowboy & Brydie!
                    Gosh, all I can say is 'thank god I finally stuck to my guns' and did this.
                    Life isn't perfect without wine, but it sure is a lot easier to cope with.

Looking back the benefits of drinking were really none at all. It is hard to understand why the hell we continue to do it? The only reason I can see is because it is so addictive. There is no other reason besides you come to a point when you just cannot help yourself.

There are tons of good points to not drinking, but (and I have heard this before) now looking back I can actually remember what I did a year ago.
                    Before life was just a bit of a blur, now I can reflect a lot easier (cause I can remember stuff!).
                    Oh, and food tastes better somehow too.
                    Sleeping is easier, difficult conversations are easier too because now I realise if I just remain calm the awkward moments will pass. It all passes, I don't need help from alcohol I need to breath deeply and let time do it's thing.

And I am so enjoying to learn to ride horseback. I could NEVER have done this while drinking, somehow I would not have had the courage. I am learning so much about myself by riding. Mostly I am learning to face my fears, and realising how many unwarranted fears I harbour. What a beautiful gift not drinking is to ourselves.
                    I am definitely celebrating and savouring this memorable Sunday, thank you Brydie, Cowboy, NS, and everyone who sticks around here offering support and kindness. I may not post so often but I am lurking every day and grateful to be free from wine.
                    New goal: do not take my sobriety for granted. One year is just getting started.

Comment

May 17, 2015

Eloise 365
                      Elvis - Day 194 (Good job on 100 days Rooni! Good job on one year Eloise!)
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Eloise, would you consider tucking that speech in the Tool Box for safe keeping? It was a bewdy! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

May 17, 2015

Eloise 365
                          Kailey - Day 6 (Eloise and Rooni!! Wow, wow, wow!)
                          You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

May 17, 2015

Eloise 365
                            Resolve - 196 Eloise 1 Year!!! Rooni!!

Comment

May 17, 2015

Eloise 365
                              Resolve - 196 Eloise 1 Year!!! Rooni!!
                              Kherriot - Day 31
                              KAREN

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                                Eloise, would you consider tucking that speech in the Tool Box for safe keeping? It was a bewdy! B
                                hi- I am embarrassed to admit I cannot find the toll box... ? help? I am happy to post my speech there...

Comment

Working...
                                X