Newbies Nest Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uly 28th 2015

Jane27 - Day 567 (Hi Nora & Springstart! Daisy, 1/2 way to 1 week!)
    Eloise 438 ( Jane- love ur dachshand pic! Did you make your choice?
    Daisy -Day 4
    Knitty - Day 28
    Elvis - Day 266
    Ginger999 - Day 450
    Nora - Day 2 (thanks for the support!!!)
    Matt M.~Day 358
    AlPro - Day 389
    New Page - Day 262
    Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Congrats Ginge! xoxoxoxoxoxox

Last edited by jane27; July 29, 2015, 02:11 PM.
      AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

July 28th 2015

Daisy -Day 4
        Knitty - Day 28
        Elvis - Day 266
        Ginger999 - Day 450
        Matt M.~Day 358
        AlPro - Day 389
        Okoren day 354

Comment

Tap, tap, tap....is this thing on? Testing. Testing.

As your host for the evening, I'd like to call your attention to some of our main attractions...
          Ginger is racking up the days to the tune of 450! Who'd a thought that a perpetual vacationer could find such success! Thank you for leading by example and showing us that being on the road doesn't mean a first class ticket to Boozeville! Well done to you! We are very proud of this major accomplishment! :spin:

Matt and Okoren are neck n neck heading into to a huge milestone.....where they measure their quits in YEARS! The next two weeks are going to be big here on Roll Call! Stay tuned for that!

Keep up the great work, everyone! It all starts with Day 1, no matter who you are! Rock on!

PP2
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

July 28th 2015

Daisy -Day 4
            Knitty - Day 28
            Elvis - Day 266
            Ginger999 - Day 450
            Matt M.~Day 358
            AlPro - Day 389
            Okoren day 354
            Springstart day 2

Comment

So I'm 30 minutes early. TJAF clocking in at 730 days
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

We'll give you that 30, TJ :smile:. Congratulations on 2 great years! I'm glad we've done it together and never looked back. :hug: NS

Comment

NoSugar, when I do the math, I get 24 months and 3.33333333333333 days. But close enough!

TJAF, congratulations on this HUGE accomplishment! NS said it the other day, and it is so true, that the whole thing comes together during that second year, wouldn't you agree? You are always a voice I seek out and read so thank you for all of your contributions to MWO! Do you have a speech for us?? We are all eyes when it comes to success stories! Well done on your milepost dear friend. Here's to many more!

:two:

PP2
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

July 29
                    TJAF-So I'm 30 minutes early. TJAF clocking in at 730 days
                    Matt M.~Day 359
                    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

July 29
                      Matt M.~Day 359
                      AlPro - Day 390

Comment

July 29
                        Matt M.~Day 359
                        AlPro - Day 390
                        Eloise 439 (looking forward experiencing that 2nd year TJAF, congrats!)
                        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

July 29

Matt M.~Day 359
                          AlPro - Day 390
                          Elvis - Day 267 (Good job on 450 days Ginger! Good job on 2 years TJAF!)
                          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

July 29

Matt M.~Day 359
                            AlPro - Day 390
                            NoraC - Day 3 (Congratulations TJAF ! )
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

July 29

Matt M.~Day 359
                              AlPro - Day 390
                              NoraC - Day 3 (Congratulations TJAF ! )
                              New Page - Day 263 (Congrats on 2 years TJAF!)
                              Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Thank you all.

I am simply amazed and thankful that I've been able to simply quit drinking after so many years. I know its been voiced many times here but I have to say I only wish I had started earlier.

The first two years are really a great benchmark. That is, if you listen to experts two years seems to be the time it takes for your body and mind to move past our early recovery and move ahead into advanced recovery. With that said, getting two years in the bag doesn't mean I think I'm cured. I know enough to know that we alcoholics are never really cured. The good news is the simple fact that the things that keep me sober now feel like second nature. I said it a few weeks ago, it sure does get easier with time on your side. So, yes Ms. Byrdie, it sure does come together in that second year.

Please don't read this literally though, every recovery is different. I remember a while back, early in my sobriety, I posted a link to an article on PAWS. The article went on to describe PAWS at its worse and indicated that it would take about 2 years to get past these symptoms. Well that was a bad move on my part and more than one newbie panicked. Having gone through it, including the symptoms attributed to PAWS, I can tell you that during the two years after your quit you are not going to feel and behave like you did at day 1. You are going to feel pretty good at 1 week, you'll feel even better at 2 weeks and fantastic at 1 month and so on. From the list of days ,it seems that most of you know this already, but just in case, it is true.

Thanks again!
                                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Working...
                                X