No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count for as long as you want. There is no right time to stop posting if it helps you stay quit. And there is no reason to stop if you don't want to. Why change what works? For me, checking in on the Roll call is a very important part of my quit. I think I've only missed 2 days, once because I was too sick to get out of bed all day, and the other because I was traveling all day and stuck on an airplane. Thought about posting both days, just couldn't get to a computer. Also, I enjoy checking in daily and seeing everyone's progress and celebrating their milestones with them. And I think it's important for newbies to see big numbers. I know when I was starting out, seeing big numbers was motivation. So I post, daily, hoping I can pay it forward in some tiny way.

Tuesday November 17, 2015

Lifechange day 12 (Yaayy! Daisy on 7 days yesterday! Hi Rooni!
    Daisy - Day 8.....thanks LC
    G man - Day 87
    Eloise 550 (is it time to stop the daily count? maybe scale back to once a week?)
    SSD - Day 18 (Eloise - great number!! Don't stop - it is encouraging to see your number!)
    Elvis - Day 378
    New Page - Day 374 - Eloise, I agree with Elvis .....counting and posting days really helped me through the hard times....and it is encouraging to see the really big numbers! It proves that long term sobriety is possible! :welldone:
    Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Count for as long as you want. There is no right time to stop posting if it helps you stay quit. And there is no reason to stop if you don't want to. Why change what works? For me, checking in on the Roll call is a very important part of my quit. I think I've only missed 2 days, once because I was too sick to get out of bed all day, and the other because I was traveling all day and stuck on an airplane. Thought about posting both days, just couldn't get to a computer. Also, I enjoy checking in daily and seeing everyone's progress and celebrating their milestones with them. And I think it's important for newbies to see big numbers. I know when I was starting out, seeing big numbers was motivation. So I post, daily, hoping I can pay it forward in some tiny way.

G man - Day 87
      Eloise 550 (is it time to stop the daily count? maybe scale back to once a week?)
      SSD - Day 18 (Eloise - great number!! Don't stop - it is encouraging to see your number!)
      Elvis - Day 378
      New Page - Day 374 - Eloise, I agree with Elvis .....counting and posting days really helped me through the hard times....and it is encouraging to see the really big numbers! It proves that long term sobriety is possible!
      AlPro - Day 502 (Ditto what SSD, Elvis, and New Page posted. Today is the only day we have, so post it!)

Comment

In response to Eloise's question:

Count for as long as you want. There is no right time to stop posting if it helps you stay quit. And there is no reason to stop if you don't want to. Why change what works? For me, checking in on the Roll call is a very important part of my quit. I think I've only missed 2 days, once because I was too sick to get out of bed all day, and the other because I was traveling all day and stuck on an airplane. Thought about posting both days, just couldn't get to a computer. Also, I enjoy checking in daily and seeing everyone's progress and celebrating their milestones with them. And I think it's important for newbies to see big numbers. I know when I was starting out, seeing big numbers was motivation. So I post, daily, hoping I can pay it forward in some tiny way. - Elvis

G man - Day 87

Elvis - Day 378
        New Page - Day 374 - Eloise, I agree with Elvis .....counting and posting days really helped me through the hard times....and it is encouraging to see the really big numbers! It proves that long term sobriety is possible!

AllPro - Day 502 (Ditto what SSD, Elvis, and New Page posted. Today is the only day we have, so post it!)[/COLOR]
        Addy ~ Day 124 (It helps me do the daily (when able) because when I have temptations, it gives me strength to say no because I want to tack on another number.)
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Count for as long as you want. There is no right time to stop posting if it helps you stay quit. And there is no reason to stop if you don't want to. Why change what works? For me, checking in on the Roll call is a very important part of my quit. I think I've only missed 2 days, once because I was too sick to get out of bed all day, and the other because I was traveling all day and stuck on an airplane. Thought about posting both days, just couldn't get to a computer. Also, I enjoy checking in daily and seeing everyone's progress and celebrating their milestones with them. And I think it's important for newbies to see big numbers. I know when I was starting out, seeing big numbers was motivation. So I post, daily, hoping I can pay it forward in some tiny way. - Elvis

G man - Day 87
          Elvis - Day 378
          AllPro - Day 502 (Ditto what SSD, Elvis, and New Page posted. Today is the only day we have, so post it!)[/COLOR]
          Addy ~ Day 124 (It helps me do the daily (when able) because when I have temptations, it gives me strength to say no because I want to tack on another number.)
          Mr V- Day 41 ( 3 weeks SL ! Well done)

Comment

G man - Day 87
            Elvis - Day 378
            NoraC - Day 114 (I agree - please keep posting long timers. You help me so much!)
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

G man - Day 87
              Elvis - Day 378
              NoraC - Day 114 (I agree - please keep posting long timers. You help me so much!)
              Jane27 - Day 679 (El, me thinks don't mess with success....better to be safe than sorry...much love, Chicken Little)
              AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

G man - Day 87
                Elvis - Day 378
                Jane27 - Day 679 (El, me thinks don't mess with success....better to be safe than sorry...much love, Chicken Little)
                jvo 29
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

G man - Day 87
                  Elvis - Day 378
                  jvo 29
                  Quit Wining - Day 87 (Eloise please don't stop posting. You're an inspiration to us all!)
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

G man - Day 87
                    Elvis - Day 378
                    jvo 29
                    Quit Wining - Day 87 (Eloise please don't stop posting. You're an inspiration to us all!)
                    Hypernova - Day 55

Comment

G man - Day 87
                      Elvis - Day 378
                      jvo 29
                      Hypernova - Day 55
                      IamMary - Day 122 (Eloise, agree, keep posting! Im afraid to stop now, just in case! say we all count to 1000? should be safe to go weekly then!!)
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

G man - Day 87
                        Elvis - Day 378
                        jvo 29
                        Hypernova - Day 55
                        IamMary - Day 122 (Eloise, agree, keep posting! Im afraid to stop now, just in case! say we all count to 1000? should be safe to go weekly then!!)
                        lex - Day 224

Comment

G man - Day 87
                          Elvis - Day 378
                          jvo 29
                          Hypernova - Day 55
                          lex - Day 224
                          rooniferd - Day 3

Comment

Good to see you back, rooniferd! Keep at it!
                            "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                            “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

G man - Day 87
                              Elvis - Day 378
                              jvo 29
                              Quit Wining - Day 87 (Eloise please don't stop posting. You're an inspiration to us all!)*
                              Hypernova - Day 55
                              lex - Day 224
                              rooniferd - Day 3
                              Matthew6 - day 19

Comment

Hi gang, Below is from an article in Psychology Today magazine. 5 years is the milestone with the most promising success rate. When I first read these stats a year ago, I was shocked (and discouraged). Not anymore- knowledge is power.

* Only about a third of people who are abstinent less than a year will remain abstinent.
                                * For those who achieve a year of sobriety, less than half will relapse.
                                * If you can make it to 5 years of sobriety, your chance of relapse is less than 15 percent.

Last edited by jane27; November 17, 2015, 09:15 PM.
                                AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Working...
                                X