No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threw the smokes away too yesterday so completed day 1 of that. Doing the whole lot cold turkey in 1 go . Feeling a little confused. Mega Vit B+ with breakfast. L-Glutimate , protein Shake with all essential aminos during day, . Have 10mg Baclofen later. See doc tomorrow with blood test . Really so looking forward to next 2 days lol .

I also know my main root cause I must get resolved that happened a few years ago
    Last edited by Neo; February 10, 2016, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Hi Neo- For me, quitting smoking was much harder than quitting drinking.

But these days I never ever think about cigarettes, and frankly if turned out they were not harmful after all still I wouldn't bother to pick that habit back up again. Two things I found helpful in quitting smoking:

1. Nicorette gum. For me nicorette gum was crucial because I was way addicted to nicotine.
      2. New attitude. During a sufficiently long meditation retreat, I absorbed the notion that life is about overcoming cravings, not giving in to them. This has been a crucial realization for me, but it sort of has to be experienced for oneself. It is not something you can just read about and "get".

Good luck on your new path!

lex

Comment

Oops posted in wrong thread!

Comment

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lifechange day 97 (Awesome on day 1, Neo! and on 30, JDG! and on personal bests NewPage!!)
          Bacman - Day 40 ( I think I am now addicted to not drinking - lol )
          Daisy -Day 93 (yay Bacman and JDG!)
          Mary - Day 207 (Woohoo Bac! that was quick!! JDG - fantastic)
          lex - day 308

Comment

Lifechange day 97 (Awesome on day 1, Neo! and on 30, JDG! and on personal bests NewPage!!)
            lex - day 308
            Elvis - Day 463
            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

lex - day 308
              Elvis - Day 463
              Jvo 114 Congrats Bacman!! And Woot JDG on 30!
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

lex - day 308
                Elvis - Day 463
                AlPro - Day 588

Comment

lex - day 308
                  Elvis - Day 463
                  AlPro - Day 588
                  JDG - Day 31 (Thank you all! Looking forward to personal best)

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

lex - day 308
                    Elvis - Day 463
                    AlPro - Day 588
                    Moni - Day 29 (almost there.. I think I'm well and truly being tested!!)

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

lex - day 308
                      Elvis - Day 463
                      AlPro - Day 588
                      NoraC - Day 199 (CONGRATULATIONS BAC!! Moni - you are going so great. Looks like you can handle being tested. )
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

lex - day 308
                        Elvis - Day 463
                        AlPro - Day 588
                        NoraC - Day 199 (CONGRATULATIONS BAC!! Moni - you are going so great. Looks like you can handle being tested. )
                        Kensho - Day 67 (Yea Moni & JDG!!! So proud of you!)
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

lex - day 308
                          Elvis - Day 463
                          AlPro - Day 588
                          New Page - Day 459 (Congrats on 30 JDG! Awesome!)
                          Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

lex - day 308
                            Elvis - Day 463
                            AlPro - Day 588
                            Hypernova -Day 140

Comment

lex - day 308
                              Elvis - Day 463
                              AlPro - Day 588
                              Hypernova -Day 140
                              Jane27 - Day 764
                              AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

lex - day 308
                                Elvis - Day 463
                                AlPro - Day 588
                                New Page - Day 459 (Congrats on 30 JDG! Awesome!)*
                                Hypernova -Day 140
                                Jane27 - Day 764
                                Matthew6 day 104

Comment

Working...
                                X