• Show
Clear All

Wednesday 20th July 2016

BOBBY Day 10 ( Welcome Panda )
    Bran New Day - 13 days .
    tonyniceday - Day 37
    Daisy - Day 36
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Wednesday 20th July 2016

Bran New Day - 13 days .
      tonyniceday - Day 37
      Daisy - Day 36
      New Page - Day 620
      Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Wednesday 20th July 2016

Bran New Day - 13 days .
        tonyniceday - Day 37
        Daisy - Day 36
        New Page - Day 620
        Fin - Day 100 (but I failed 2x days in the 90's. The difference is that I didn't continue down the old path. I got right back on the horse. So, I was 98% successful and now aiming for another 100 days. This 100 will be 100% successful as I have yet learned another set of valuable lessons that will help me kick AL out of my life for good).
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Well done Fin!
          Prize Patrol doesn't have a 100 day award (or do Brydie?), so I am gonna make one up.

PP1 is pleased to grant you a special 100 day award that is all your own: anda:
          (and you ask 'what the heck is that?) It's a Panda Fin!

We are all a work in progress and this is what you are doing, makin' progress.

:sohappy: :shout::sohappy:
          (that's me shouting your praise!)
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Thank you Eloise!!! I do feel proud of the accomplishment and the the two failures weren't nearly as bad as ones in the past. When I was under the influence I was very much aware of how much it wasn't really working for me anymore. That's a great place to be, so thanks one and all for your ongoing collective support.

Comment

Wednesday 20th July 2016

Bran New Day - 13 days .
              tonyniceday - Day 37
              Daisy - Day 36
              New Page - Day 620
              Fin - Day 100 (but I failed 2x days in the 90's. The difference is that I didn't continue down the old path. I got right back on the horse. So, I was 98% successful and now aiming for another 100 days. This 100 will be 100% successful as I have yet learned another set of valuable lessons that will help me kick AL out of my life for good).
              Elvis - Day 624
              11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Now I am going to be very controversial here, and no personal offence, Fin, but I just don't get this.

How can we claim a number of days, but have "slipped up" and had a couple of days drinking, it makes a mockery of the whole ethos of the roll call. There is no sense in letting people claim continuous days AF when that is just not true.

Sorry but this has REALLY peed me off - I may as well say that I've been dry for 53 years, 22 of which were "just a slip-up"!

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                  Now I am going to be very controversial here, and no personal offence, Fin, but I just don't get this.

How can we claim a number of days, but have "slipped up" and had a couple of days drinking, it makes a mockery of the whole ethos of the roll call. There is no sense in letting people claim continuous days AF when that is just not true.

Sorry but this has REALLY peed me off - I may as well say that I've been dry for 53 years, 22 of which were "just a slip-up"!

Tony
                  I'm not. I'm fully owing it and starting over at Day 1. I could have said nothing and continued, but I didn't do that. I fessed up. Sorry for the confusion. The 100 claimed today are a legit 100 out of 102. The contiguous count was disrupted at day 92 and 94. I had to push to the number 100 for my sanity. I'm not claiming 100 days as my note tried to say. I'll be back at 1 tomorrow even though I have 6 days since my last slip. I'm taking this in 100 day increments. It's what works for me. Anyway, sorry to piss you off.

I'm off the grid for the next couple of weeks. Stay good.

Yours in the fight,
                  -Fin
                  Last edited by Fin; July 20, 2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much. I know my quality of life will be much better. Just so hard to break the cycle. Good news is I found some of my anxiety med last night just in time....my hands and face were going numb and was on the way to a full blown panic attack which is horrifying. I'm doing my best to taper down from drinking so I don't have any adverse reactions. It really sucks when you know what can happen, since it makes me obsess about what could be which makes the panic 100x worse, so then you just have a drink so you don't worry about that happening. But then you start worrying about all the side effects of drinking too much....such a vicious cycle.

Comment

Thank you Tony, Bobby and everyone else who has been so welcoming. I know this is not going to be easy by any means, and this support means so much.

Comment

Again, thank you all, and congratulations everyone who has had so much success. Right now even 1 day would feel like that for me. Just know I need to taper off. Have any of you done that?

Comment

Hi. It's panda. Have been in contact with a few members who are very welcoming and supportive. I really need some assistance in navigating/posting/replying, etc. I really need to be here and don't want to get discouraged. The only access I have right now is from my cell. Any ideas?? Going to try again later. I need to be here, and those who have responded are so welcoming and kind. I just need to know how this all works so I can save myself. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Panda,
                            Come on over the the newbies nest. :welcome:

Comment

Thursday 21st July 2016

tonyniceday - Day 38

Comment

Thursday 21st July 2016

tonyniceday - Day 38
                                Bran New Day - 14 Days
                                Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                                Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Working...
                                X