• Show
Clear All

Sunday, 28 August 2016

aihfl - Day 159
    Kensho - Day 19
    New Page - Day 659
    Lifechange day 12
    Orimus - Day 3
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Sunday, 28 August 2016

aihfl - Day 159
      Kensho - Day 19
      New Page - Day 659
      Lifechange day 12
      Orimus - Day 3
      Darkest Diamonds - Day 35

Comment

Sunday, 28 August 2016

aihfl - Day 159
        Kensho - Day 19
        New Page - Day 659
        Lifechange day 12
        Orimus - Day 3
        Darkest Diamonds - Day 35
        TMH - Day 22
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Monday, 29 August 2016

Lifechange day 13

Comment

Monday, 29 August 2016

Lifechange day 13
            Tonyniceday - Day 77

Comment

@Matthew6 - That is NOT a failure, Matthew. You may have lost a battle, but you have NOT lost the war! 302 days is a fantastic sober time... I think I know how disappointed I would be if I succumbed to Al now, and I understand that, but I also think you just need to forgive yourself and start over...

Comment

Matt6, what happened? it might help to put it down on here as to what was the lead up to you drinking. you fecked up, yes and i cant imagine how bad you feel right now but you posted, you want to be sober so back on that damn horse and start riding it again. Relapse is a bitch as we have all experienced and as we all say relapse begins before the drink is drank. I remember Elvis was over a year and he drank but came back better and stronger than ever. You have tasted freedom being af, get back on board,we are here for you matt.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Monday, 29 August 2016

Lifechange day 13
                  Tonyniceday - Day 77
                  aihfl - Day 160
                  First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Monday, 29 August 2016

Lifechange day 13
                    Tonyniceday - Day 77
                    aihfl - Day 160
                    New Page - Day 660 (Matthew, hope you come back and post day one!)
                    Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Monday, 29 August 2016

Lifechange day 13
                      Tonyniceday - Day 77
                      aihfl - Day 160
                      Elvis - Day 664 (Matthew, we are here for you, please let us help!)
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew6 View Post
                        Saturday 27th August 2016
                        Matthew6 - FAILED
                        I'm sorry, Matthew, that you decided to drink but one mistake doesn't undo all that you accomplished. I hope you've gotten rid of all alcohol, and get back to living the way you want to live. If talking about what happened would help you, you've got many interested friends here.

We're human. We're imperfect and we make mistakes.

Take care of yourself, NS

Comment

Matthew6,

I don't know your circumstances, but I think this might sound familiar. I hope you don't mind me sharing. Around this time in late August/early September 2014, I started drinking again after being 300 days sober. I had drifted away from MWO and my AV (alcoholic voice) told me that I had been so good with alcohol, I deserved to get drunk for one night only. I survived concerts, my birthday, the summer, and a cruise sober, my wife was out of town, it was the weekend and I had no responsibilities. The excuses didn't really matter, the AV sugar coats things to get what it wants (alcohol), and there's always an excuse to drink if you let your AV look for it. My AV somehow convinced me that I could have one wild night, then go back to being sober. I bought a bottle of vodka and drank until I threw up, then finished the rest of the bottle. After that there was no turning back. I went down the path quickly and was back to my bottle a day habit. I drank every day after. A month later I skipped work, drank all day, and woke up passed out in an field. The next day I came back to MWO and resolved to read and post daily and have been sober since.

You have a lot going for you. You post on MWO regularly and you came back immediately to let us know. You have 300 sober days under your belt, so you know what you need to do. Learn from me and others who have been in your position before. Renew your vow to sobriety today and minimize the battle. Don't keep drinking no matter what your AV says. It will get worse, and you will be surprised how quickly you are back to old habits if you keep drinking. Take time to post and share your story. There's nothing we haven't heard or lived through before. Invest in yourself now and it will pay off greatly. You can do this.

If you want to talk, post here, or shoot me a PM.
                          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Monday, 29 August 2016

Lifechange day 13
                            Tonyniceday - Day 77
                            aihfl - Day 160
                            TMH - Day 23 (had to check back but then I remembered that next Monday, Labor Day, is Day 30)
                            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Monday, 29 August 2016

Lifechange day 13
                              Tonyniceday - Day 77
                              aihfl - Day 160
                              TMH - Day 23 (had to check back but then I remembered that next Monday, Labor Day, is Day 30)
                              Darkest Diamonds - Day 36 - Thank you to Fin for starting Roll Call (I find it really helpful).

Comment

Matthew,
                                I do hope you come back soon, I did nearly 3 months AF a couple of years ago, I posted a lot on here and then I drank and I left, my drinking was very contained as I was about to start chemotherapy and was still revcovering from surgery. However after a few months of chemo I then had radiotherapy, after all my treatment was completed ...... yes you've guessed it, that was when I started to really go for it again. It was worse than ever, horrid. I hope you manage to throw the booze away and come back soon, you don't have to have days/months suffering! Hope to see you posting soon, DD

Comment

Working...
                                X