X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday June 10, 2019

New Page - Day 1675
    abcowboy - Day 1609
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: Newbies Nest Roll Call

Monday June 10, 2019

New Page - Day 1675
      abcowboy - Day 1609
      Elvis - Day 1679
      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Monday June 10, 2019

New Page - Day 1675
        abcowboy - Day 1609
        Elvis - Day 1679
        Slo - Day 323
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Tuesday June 11, 2019

Elvis - Day 1680
          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Tuesday June 11, 2019

Elvis - Day 1680
            New Page - Day 1676
            Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Tuesday June 11, 2019

Elvis - Day 1680
              New Page - Day 1676
              abcowboy - Day 1610
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy...I like your last quote about friendship. Sometimes it feels like my friends are more interested than my family. I am not close to my family and have always felt like the odd one out. Always the black sheep, different from them. For decades I felt bad about myself, that something must be wrong with ME. It took lots of therapy to convince me otherwise, but I still am very insecure and a totally different person when I am with family. I basically just lay low, although with friends I am very outgoing and funny. I realize they are shallow and selfish, and yes...cruel (like having a sisters day but not including me). I know I am a good person: I am kind and helpful and involved in lots of charity work and volunteer groups, which none of my siblings do. I also have a higher degree of education, but yet still feel inferior around them. Weird. Anyway...today will be day 13. I strive to,be five years like you. Have a great day.

Comment

Congratulations to you all...I aspire to be you!

Comment

Tuesday June 11, 2019

Elvis - Day 1680
                    New Page - Day 1676
                    abcowboy - Day 1610
                    murph54 - Day 13
                    Slo - Day 324
                    Last edited by Slo; June 11, 2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=24381]murph54[/MENTION], your family sounds like my maternal side of the family, where there is lots of favorites, black sheep, in crowd & out crowd, back-biting, gossip, & excluding people...within a family!! And of course my mother brought this behavior into my family of origin, and it has been devastating. Lots of us here are the wounded warriors from these types of dysfunctional families.
                      I have finally found a book that lays out a method that might finally help me with this: it’s called “Choose Again: Six Steps to Freedom” by Diederik Wolsak.
                      Great job on making it to day 13! Get over that hump and you’ll have two weeks!!

Comment

Wednesday June 12, 2019

New Page - Day 1677
                        Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Wednesday June 12, 2019

New Page - Day 1677
                          abcowboy - Day 1611 (2 weeks today [MENTION=24381]murph54[/MENTION] YAY!)

Comment

Thank you, I will order this book. Years ago, while in therapy, I read many self help books. But still struggling. Made it through the open bar wedding on Saturday by dancing every dance and drinking lots of water with lemon. I have to say that it did my ego good to get so many compliments on my dancing. Also, it was interesting to see how much my family drank while I was sober. Tons of empty glasses on the table...

Comment

Wednesday June 12, 2019

New Page - Day 1677
                              abcowboy - Day 1611 (2 weeks today [MENTION=24381]murph54[/MENTION] YAY!)
                              Slo - Day 325

Comment

Thursday June 13, 2019

abcowboy - Day 1612

Comment

Working...
                                X