Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest Roll Call

Wednesday December 22, 2021

3Bow - A: 24. W:1
    Life is better sober

Comment

abcowboy - Day 2535 (Good to see you Rahul!)
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Slo - Day 1249 (Hi, Rahul!)
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Elvis - Day 2605
          11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Elvis - Day 2605
            Mulburry - Day 100 (an AF merry christmas and happy holidays to all!)

Comment

(much harder than quitting alcohol, and that's saying a lot)
              Wow, total opposite for me, but it all comes down to your dependence level; much better to quit booze before you get to where it went with me, once it's a full on physical addiction (compared to a purely psychological one) it's such a nightmare

Comment

Thursday December 23, 2021

3Bow - Day 25 - WF: Day 2 (Congratulations on 100 days Mulbury!!)
                Last edited by ThreeBottlesOfWine; December 23, 2021, 02:16 AM.
                Life is better sober

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
                  Wow, total opposite for me, but it all comes down to your dependence level; much better to quit booze before you get to where it went with me, once it's a full on physical addiction (compared to a purely psychological one) it's such a nightmare
                  Thanks Mulbury, I've never really considered myself as a hardcore alcoholic, I am Irish and I drank 3/4 beers every night when I was younger, with the odd binge here and there, I managed to kick that by coming here last year with the support of everyone here.. And I felt great. I started again with maybe one or two bottles of beer a week and was fine.

But I noticed myself a few weeks ago slip back to having a few bottles in a Tuesday or a Monday night and as I was smoking weed also it had a reaction and I shouted at my little son for nothing, he is 14 and I've never shouted at him or hurt him... So this was a wake up call for me... To nip it in the bud now.

So I decided to quit again, it's easy because I did the hard work already last year... I find being sober, especially now that I'm 100% sober, invigorating and motivating and I promised my son I would come here every day as I did last year and pledge I will not drink today.

I am an alcoholic, I guess, albeit a mild version... Nobody in Ireland would agree with me but I think depending on anything is an addiction and I depended on those 3/4 pints a night in order for me to sleep etc etc.

I love being sober, nothing is difficult when you set your mind to it, there is absolutely no suffering or hardship at all, just pleasure and satisfaction from being clear minded and full of energy and motivation... I will never drink again, not even a few bottles of beer at the weekend because I see even that small amount can alter your state of being and mentality.

Thank you Mulbury for your continued support and encouragement, I hope you all don't mind me hijacking the thread like this, it's a once off to explain my situation to you.

Weed is where my difficulties may lie, the withdrawals, cold sweats and insomnia have yet to fully kick in but I'm ready!

Have a wonderful Christmas, sober, and fresh new year.
                  Last edited by ThreeBottlesOfWine; December 23, 2021, 02:38 AM. Reason: The odd comma here and there
                  Life is better sober

Comment

3Bow - Day 25 - WF: Day 2 (Congratulations on 100 days Mulburry!!)
                    abcowboy - Day 2536 (huge congrats on those 100 days Mulburry!)
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Elvis - Day 2606 (Good job on 100 days Mulburry! Thanks for sharing your story 3Bow!)
                      Last edited by Elvis; December 23, 2021, 08:52 AM.
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Elvis - Day 2606 (Good job on 100 days Mulburry! Thanks for sharing your story 3Bow!)
                        Mulburry - Day 101 (Thanks everyone!)

Originally posted by ThreeBottlesOfWine View Post
                        Thanks Mulbury, I've never really considered myself as a hardcore alcoholic, I am Irish and I drank 3/4 beers every night when I was younger, with the odd binge here and there, I managed to kick that by coming here last year with the support of everyone here.. And I felt great. I started again with maybe one or two bottles of beer a week and was fine.

But I noticed myself a few weeks ago slip back to having a few bottles in a Tuesday or a Monday night and as I was smoking weed also it had a reaction and I shouted at my little son for nothing, he is 14 and I've never shouted at him or hurt him... So this was a wake up call for me... To nip it in the bud now. .
                        This is basically where I was in my 20's, weekend drinker first and then started to creep into 3/4 beers once in a while during the week... and over many years it escalated to eventually everyday; it's such a slow subtle process and it's easy to delude yourself into thinking you have control over it. Anyways, I'm really glad to hear you've made the decision to get out now, because I'd give a lot to be able to go back in time and convince my younger self (where you are now) to get out at that point, when it's still easy (well a lot easier at least). That being said, obviously your own reasons for quitting (ie that it's affecting your relationships) are great and very commendable.

Weed is where my difficulties may lie, the withdrawals, cold sweats and insomnia have yet to fully kick in but I'm ready!
                        When I was younger I remember having some weed withdrawals, mostly not sleeping well and decrease in appetite... but it was nothing compared to alcohol withdrawal / post-withdrawal (it's so much more of a mind fuck). Though I was never a crazy heavy smoker, daily sure, but nothing compared to some of my friends. Anyways, hope the weed WD's aren't too bad for you and you make it through ok... and have a great holidays!

Comment

Friday December 24, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2537

Comment

Friday December 24, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2537
                            3Bow - Day 26 (yes weed is much easier actually, no cravings or desire today at all and slept 10 hours last night)
                            Life is better sober

Comment

Friday December 24, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2537
                              3Bow - Day 26 (yes weed is much easier actually, no cravings or desire today at all and slept 10 hours last night)
                              Elvis - Day 2607
                              11/5/2014

Comment

Friday December 24, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2537
                                Elvis - Day 2607
                                Slo - Day 1251
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X