Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest Roll Call

ROLL CALL JUNE 14 2013

rooniferd - Day 30 (yay! next goal is 48 days to beat my record!)

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

ROLL CALL JUNE 14 2013

Miley - Day 15......Congrats on 30 days Rooniferd!
      Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
      [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Attention Roll Callers!
        Please gather 'round! We have a very special honor this morning!! Please help me in congratulating Rooniford for 30 days AF!!! She did it quietly and without fanfare, set her mind to the task and accomplished it. It is with great pride, that we present your hat!!

:day5:

30 Days is the foundation to a life living free of addiction. May this be the beginning of many more awards and rewards!!! If you have a few words about how you were able to achieve this, we are all eyes. Well done!

The Staff
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

ROLL CALL JUNE 14 2013

Samstone - day 35
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

ROLL CALL JUNE 14 2013

Samstone - day 35
            Fin - Day 2 (back at it!)
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

ROLL CALL JUNE 14 2013

Samstone - day 35
              Irie- Day 2 (right with you, Fin! Congrats Rooniferd and Miley on your milestones!)
              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
              -----------------------------------
              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Thank you for my hat, everyone! I can't say enough positive words about this sober life. My thoughts are clearer, my patience levels are higher, my productivity is off the charts, my house is clean, my weight is slowing dropping, my energy level is much higher, etc.....

The point is....every single facet of my life has improved over the past 30 days. It is the greatest feeling in the world to wake up NOT hungover. I don't have to struggle with not remembering things anymore. I don't know how many times I've blacked out and had complete conversations with people that I will never remember. The GSR (guilt/shame/remorse) brothers haven't come by to visit in a long time, and I don't miss them one bit!

A couple of things I've really tried to focus on lately are:

(1) Drinking is not synonymous with celebrating. Celebrating should be a reward of something that's GOOD for you. Drinking poison is NOT a reward or a celebration. It's a punishment.

(2) I used to be so worried about what OTHER people would think if I didn't drink. Who cares what people think? They don't have to live with you. You do. Most people who give you crap about you not drinking are probably jealous or have a problem themselves. People come and go from our lives, but you will always live with yourself. People don't worry about you as much as you think they do - seriously!

Guys, please please please stick with your goal of living sober. It is SOOO worth it!

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

NoSugar;1519155 wrote: Miley, Congratulations on a successful 2 weeks! :goodjob:

Fin, I was concerned when I didn't see you posting for a couple days. I am so glad you came back. :l
                  Thank you, NoSugar. My father, a very significant figure in my life, passed away two weeks ago and it was just too much for me. I ran the memorial service where over 125 people attended. It was incredible. All of my first cousins where there (some who love their very high end wines) and one night we cracked open a bottle of wine that was valued at something like $500. It seemed right to toast not only my father, but another cousin who recently passed who had originally purchased the bottle of wine. So, I caved after 70 days of being AF. Was it worth it, you know...it really wasn't. I didn't need to do that, but I didn't want to draw any attention to my problem at that moment.

Oh well. Back to work...a special thanks out to Bryd for getting me right back on track!
                  Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                  Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Have I got this right? Still working this out!

ROLL CALL JUNE 14 2013

Samstone - day 35
                    Irie- Day 2 (right with you, Fin! Congrats Rooniferd and Miley on your milestones!)
                    3June2013- Day 12
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Yeah to all of you! Gives me hope! I am 1 day AF ... But feeling hopeful for the first time in ages. Thanks for all of your honesty.
                      Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
                      AF - July 31, 2013
                      :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

oops didn't follow directions

Sorry ... Messed my first post up here ... On smart phone and can't seem to get cut and paste going ... I promise to do it right next time. I don't want to get kicked out of the nest before I've even sat down!!! Sorry!
                        Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
                        AF - July 31, 2013
                        :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Roll call June 15th

kambob - Day 46 (Yep, still here!)
                          Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Roll call June 15th

rooniferd - Day 31 (next goal is 48 days to meet my all-time goal)

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Roll call June 15th

Miley - Day 16
                              Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                              [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Roll call June 15th

Miley - Day 16
                                Irie- Day 3
                                ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                                -----------------------------------
                                Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Working...
                                X