X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
    Briseus - Day 101 (not 101 just yet, for another hour...but I am pretty sure I can make it. And thank you everyone for the encouraging and kind words!!)
    Jane27 - Day 137 (Congrats Mary Lou & Bris!)
    Softy - 259 Days / 37 weeks - keep on keeping on everyone!
    Booze Blues 12 Wow! I?m impressed! Such high numbers!!!!! Tell us in the teens your secrets!
    Daisy - day 11
    Winterwalk-day 1
    Eloise 7 (hang in there Winterwalk, I was in your shoes just 6 days ago. You can manage this!)
    Frances - Day 87 (Congrats all - Elouise 7 days - great milestone!)
    rooniferd - Day 7

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
      Briseus - Day 101 (not 101 just yet, for another hour...but I am pretty sure I can make it. And thank you everyone for the encouraging and kind words!!)
      Booze Blues 12 Wow! I?m impressed! Such high numbers!!!!! Tell us in the teens your secrets!
      Daisy - day 11
      Winterwalk-day 1
      Eloise 7 (hang in there Winterwalk, I was in your shoes just 6 days ago. You can manage this!)
      rooniferd - Day 7
      Kailey -.Day 6 ( congratulations on 7 days Eloise and Rooniferd! Welcome Winterwalk!)
      You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
        Daisy - day 11
        Winterwalk-day 1
        rooniferd - Day 7
        Kailey -.Day 6 ( congratulations on 7 days Eloise and Rooniferd! Welcome Winterwalk!)
        ToMyHealth - Day 5
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Rockstars....I mean, Roll Callers,
          May I have a collective backwards bow for 2 of our very own to have reached a FULL WEEK!
          Eloise and Rooni....feast your eyes on THIS!!
          :moon: :moon:

7 Days doesn't just happen, no Butts about it. You deserve a standing ovation and we are here to give it! Shine on! Let this be your LAST day 7, onwards and upwards!! The worst is behind you!

The Prize Patrol
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
            Daisy - day 11
            Winterwalk-day 1
            rooniferd - Day 7
            ToMyHealth - Day 5
            Narilly- Day 40, OH yeah!
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Many thanks for noticing ! Feeling like jumping off a tall building today, good thing I am sober or I assume I would be feeling even worse. And I am pretty sure that is possible...
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
                Daisy - day 11
                Winterwalk-day 1
                rooniferd - Day 7
                ToMyHealth - Day 5
                jvo 54 Congrats Eloise and Rooniferd on Day 7!!!! And Congrats dear Nar on 40!
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
                  Daisy - day 11
                  Winterwalk-day 1
                  rooniferd - Day 7
                  ToMyHealth - Day 5
                  Orimus - Day 3
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Thanks for the moon, Byrdie! Just like George Jefferson, I'm moving on up!!!!! Life is so much better without the beast running the show.

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
                      Daisy - day 11
                      Winterwalk-day 1
                      rooniferd - Day 7
                      ToMyHealth - Day 5
                      Orimus - Day 3
                      SL - 92 - yeah to Eloise, Rooni and of course Narilly!!
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
                        Daisy - day 11
                        Winterwalk-day 1
                        rooniferd - Day 7
                        ToMyHealth - Day 5
                        Orimus - Day 3
                        Hypernova - Day 102 ~ Warm welcome back Winterwalk

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
                          Daisy - day 11
                          Winterwalk-day 1
                          rooniferd - Day 7
                          ToMyHealth - Day 5
                          Orimus - Day 3
                          Petrelhead -Day 31 (thank you to everyone for the warm thank yous for 30)

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
                            Daisy - day 11
                            Winterwalk-day 1
                            rooniferd - Day 7
                            ToMyHealth - Day 5
                            Orimus - Day 3
                            Darkest Diamond - Day 23
                            New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

May 23rd

Rahul Day 91
                              Daisy - day 11
                              Winterwalk-day 1
                              rooniferd - Day 7
                              ToMyHealth - Day 5
                              Orimus - Day 3
                              Darkest Diamond - Day 23
                              Peppersnow - Day 62
                              Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest Roll Call

Byrdlady;1663974 wrote: Hope everyone has his/her plan in place! We will get lots of folks here next week having made arse's of themselves over the big holiday with AL....please don't be one of them! There is NO good ending for us if we drink! It's ALL bad! So stay the course like you've been doing and you will be SO HAPPY you did! Besides, what's ONE drink going to do for us anyway? As 3June says, if just one, then why not none? Words to live by!!
                                Byrdlady, that never occurred to me but it makes total sense -- I bet you do see new folks in bigger numbers after holidays. That's a profound thought to me for some reason...all those complete strangers who will hit rock bottom and don't know it yet.

It was a beautiful day where I'm at. Took the day off and reconnected with a woman who used to be my best friend until about 3 years ago, when I traded her in for a bottle. I pushed her away because it was too hard to maintain my friendship with both her and AL at the same time. Her husband is an alkie and I didn't want her to know I had a problem, so made up excuses whenever she invited me to hang out until finally she stopped trying. I had the day off and called her, and we walked for 5 miles through the woods by a lovely creek and I told her...and it was okay. I'm so grateful for this second chance at getting people I love back into my life.

Now onto my brother, whose family is coming up this weekend. I'm dreading that conversation but will figure it out (thanks to some good advice from Frances!)

Congrats to all of the "newbier" newbies - Rooniferd, BB, ToMyHealth, Orimus, Kailey, Daisy...you can all do this! Hang tight this weekend, all.

:l
                                Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X