Need things to change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need things to change

Hi, I have never felt so low as I do right now. I feel I have a big drink problem which is affecting my family life. I went back to my home country this summer and tried to sort my head out to enable me not to drink. But it didn't work as I was drinking even more. I have now returned back to my home and for a couple of weeks I was doing better. But then I fell into my normal routine of starting to drink at 5pm and not stopping until I pass out. This doesn't happen every night and I can go 2 days without drinking as I feel so bad. But when I start to feel better it happens all over again. I don't want to feel this way anymore. Struggling to find a way out of this cycle.

Need things to change

Hi Girl in need, and :welcome: to My Way Out. Lots of us here have managed to recover from the exact same types of drinking patterns you describe. I started my own journey by reading the My Way Out book (available electronically through the Health Store on the top menu bar) and implementing (for me) the diet, exercise, supplement and hypnosis CD suggestions. I have tweaked my recovery program to make it my own, but that's how I got started in case that gives you ideas. The Toolbox thread is also great for ideas. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html In addition, there are success stories all over the place - I hope you read a lot on the forum and find some people who have what you want, and learn how they did it. You can find what will work for you too!

Good luck - you are not alone!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Need things to change

I think you found the right place here. You are not the only one in this position. I too could go without drinking 2-3 days even an entire week. However, the first time a drop of alcohol hit my lips I could not stop. I drank until there was no more alcohol available or until I was physically sick/or passed out. I agree with DG tool box is a good place to start and I also recommend you to join the newbies nest. There is lots of support there. Link below

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...est-30074.html

We are here to listen and help.

ALLAN
      AF since 1st Sep 2012
      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
      X