Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question... how long have you been sober

using MYO?
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

1 1/2 days

Comment

Hey guys. I justed wanted to let you all know how encouraged I am & amazed from the stories that I've been reading on this forum. I'm a male in the Army so it's an unwritten rule to hold back tears, but I cried like a baby. I'm so sorry for you all...what a curse. I don't think that I'll have much trouble quitting bc it's early in my drinking stages, but I am encouraged to help you all through this too. I'm well aquanted with scientific matter especially in supplements & I have a lot of information that I intend to share with you in the future. BTW this is the first time I've ever experienced DT's & I will say this...I don't recall any time in the past where I have EVER felt this bad. Will someone share some stories with me of their experience with this awful plague. -Best Wishes

Comment

Thank you for sharing.

TIWAG - I am glad you are here. If you are experiencing DT's, please reach out.. maybe put it in the titel of a new post. I have not experienced those before. My prayers are with you. Sty with it. it is a process... not a challenge or race.
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

54 days!!! and boy do i know all about DT's. The only thing that got me through them was Librium ( like a miracle cure) which my very understanding doctor prescribed for as long as i needed them.
          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

21 days AF -- I went cold turkey for the first five then went to a doctor. Those first five were pretty rough -- shakes, headaches, very moody, sleeplessness, craving alcohol, sweats.....started an antidepressant and topamax day six and supps and CDs day seven...things got better then. I feel really great now -- exercising 5 days a week, sleeping better, no cravings. Hang in there!
            sri

Comment

64 Consecutive Days to date..... 84 total since December 5/06

Comment

Hi MeditationMama, I have been AF for 1 week. Welcome! Aquamarine
                NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

I've been sober for 4 days! I am just starting to feel better physically, not shaking as much. Today I have had really bad cravings, but I am taking Antabuse and don't want to test it; I know I will get extremely ill. I don't even get hangovers anymore, I just stay drunk because I cannot function at all. I am scared to start that again, at least today.

Hope I can make it through tomorrrow. Welcome Meditation Mama- just having a place like this to express yourself will relieve a lot of your anxiety. It really has for me.

Comment

I have been AF for 72 days. I could have never detoxed on my own. Two months before my last drink the shakes and sweats would kick in a few hours after I woke up. Thats when I knew I needed medical help to stop. In the hospital they gave me Catapres to stop the withdrawals which was a miracle and Campral to block the cravings.

I just wish I would have found MWO a long time ago. Now I cant stay off line!!!

I love my " new world " Stick around and you will to!!!
                    AF Since December 2006

Comment

I've been sober for 19 days now and counting. But it would not have been so long if it were not for all the encouragment , support and kindness i have received from the people on MWO. No one judges because they understand and i have been able to open up and say how i feel. I have not been able to do that with friends and family. Shaking un-controllably and panic attacks were my thing but they have stopped now. And Jules, I can't stay off line either!!!

Comment

day 6 for me. am doing the total MWO package - supps, drugs, hypno, the lot. like RJ and Brenda in the book, I have found it astonishingly easy - no cravings,like a magic spell has been cast! (so far, but am realistic enough to know that this may well change tonight, next month or next year...)

good luck and welcome. Kate

PS : like Jules, am now MWO on-line junkie...

Comment

Thank you all for your posts...

Comment

Hi MM:

445 days since my last drink.

Neil

Comment

YOOHOO, Neil! Thanks for that. Gives me real hope!

Comment

Working...
                              X