Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some sober friends....

Hi Sunnygirl

Welcome to MWO. DoggieGirl's story is here: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8...ere-13043.html

It really is a great read. There's lots of inspiring and touching stories in that forum - I think the section is called 'Tell Us Your Story'.

I also use that technique of 'playing the movie forward'. Sometimes we can have such a selective memory, only thinking of the happy times with AL, so it's good to really face the reality of how the night would turn out.
    AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Pixie~ I followed your link to Doggygirl's story. It was very inspiring. Thank you.

Comment

Sunnygirl;1395138 wrote: I appreciate all my new sober friends.

The words of encouragement and advice are so inspirational to me. You can't even imagine how good I feel right now. My goal is to carry this feeling through my evening which is my tough time, especially for a Thursday night. But I just keep playing the rest of the movie in my head when I think of picking up a drink, that I will be wasted tonight by that one drink.

K9, Lolab, Juja and Nelz thanks again for being my friend.

Lolab: I tried looking for Doggygirls story on My Section but couldn't even find the section. Duh. But I found yours and loved it. You said something about the body detoxes with pain and it intrigued me. Is that true because my kidneys and liver have been aching all week! How do you get to My Section?

Nelz: R u a motogp fan, or is that u in the pic? Thanks friend.
        The answer to that is: Both But its WAYYYY more fun to actually ride the motorcycle than watch, yeah, thats me in the avatar
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

What's going on?

I posted numerous times since Nelz's post, and none is here????

Anyone else having the same problem?
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi Juja, I just had to jump in, I read your goals. I have to tell you my shock this morning when I weighed myself. I lost 2 and 1/2 pounds in a month and a half...Woot woot!!!! I was never really heavy to begin with but the booze sure does give you a tummy. Good luck on your goals.
            AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
            AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Nelz;1395223 wrote: The answer to that is: Both But its WAYYYY more fun to actually ride the motorcycle than watch, yeah, thats me in the avatar
              I've always wanted to ask you that from day one, Nelz. I didn't want to get too personal though. That is my husband's life. His dad was a Dutch champion back in the day (died on the track in another race in my husband's youth. The hub. has won as well in his youth after his dad's death. Some things circumvented his life after his dad died, so wasn't able to continue that path. He is now in the states and just finished building his own dynamometer. Plans toward tuning and basically obsessed with bikes, tuning and speed. Care to share any further details? How is the popularity of motogp in Kansas? I would imagine it is popular.

Kind of glad someone else brought it up.
              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

I guess SunnyGirl's gone.:upset:
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I'm back. My husband's back in town. I'm working on being AF.

Comment

Can I get some support too from u too sunny I've posted stuff but had no replies!

Comment

Slaythefear;1396703 wrote: I've always wanted to ask you that from day one, Nelz. I didn't want to get too personal though. That is my husband's life. His dad was a Dutch champion back in the day (died on the track in another race in my husband's youth. The hub. has won as well in his youth after his dad's death. Some things circumvented his life after his dad died, so wasn't able to continue that path. He is now in the states and just finished building his own dynamometer. Plans toward tuning and basically obsessed with bikes, tuning and speed. Care to share any further details? How is the popularity of motogp in Kansas? I would imagine it is popular.

Kind of glad someone else brought it up.
                      You cant stop me from sharing!! I dont watch a whole lot of the races.....when I watch I want to RIDE!

Im sure your hubs will understand what Ive got.....its more than just a passion, its part of what makes me......me. Sorry to hear about his Dad though, but it is a very dangerous sport. Ive lost more than one friend on two wheels, however, Ill be on that bike until my body wont let me anymore.

This was my last time on the track...not sure why the vid looks like a bad acid trip, but I like the perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EVWagC6KbA&feature=player_embedded#[/video]]Playing with Nelso - YouTube!

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Scott's lady/. The forum is kind of difficult to navigate because everyone seems to know everyone else so it's hard to come in as a new person to join in. I've only been here 3 weeks so I can understand your frustration. But keep posting so people will get to know you and hopefully you will get to know them as well... And help anyone who says "I'm new" because most likely they will also be confused about how to use this forum which is actually a very great tool, just need patience to get to know how to use it, hope you stick around!
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

@ Scots Lady: I feel that way too some times. Keep in mind that there is A LOT going on on this forum at most given moments. I have felt on numerous occasions that my posts are being ignored but I think it's more like my post came in at a bad time in the middle of something else that was going on. It's hard to keep up on the posts sometimes! If you ever feel like you're being ignored and need support please feel free to private message me and I'll be here you! :-) We're all in this together and everyone on here wants to see each other succeed at getting sober or staying sober.
                          One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Ive found the best way to stay caught up is to click on the "Quick Links" (about one third down the page and on the right hand side, right under My mood) then click todays posts.

All the posts with new responses will show up in bold

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nelz: thanks for that. I didn't realize that was there. I always hit new posts but have to go back several pages and I never know whats going on, LOL. That link will be quite helpful!
                              One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Working...
                              X