Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down, out.........Help!

Greetings,
    Well it's been a tough week for me, I've found out that all our jobs are going to be contracted out. I work for the Federal Govt. and our guys will be farmed out to other areas. We've been together for about 20 years. It's going to be hard for all of us. I will keep my job and become a go between the contractor and the Federal Govt. But I really care about these guys & they're like family! Been drinking this weekend...Will stop on Sunday & start again..! Sorry I've failed myself & everybody else! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Down, out.........Help!

Just start over....start over. You can do it again.....I have faith in you!!! Very tough what you are going through, but drinking will only make it more tough!

Comment

Down, out.........Help!

IAD- You have not failed anyone , just slipped up because you are only human. Sounds like you are going through a tough time. Just get up and start over. Thats all you can do. Don't let it hold you back. Hope things look up for you! Aquamarine
      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Down, out.........Help!

Are you kidding me? You have failed no one. You are on the right track and you realize that you need to make a change. You are so far ahead of so many others.

Stay strong
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Down, out.........Help!

Hi IAD.....not failing anyone. We go back to what we know when we have hard times. Very tough habit to break. You just start over like everyone has said here. All you can do is learn something from it and try again. We know you can do it.
          Sorry about the job situation. Your friends will be ok- you can't take on the problems of the world.
          Lisa:l

Comment

Down, out.........Help!

We learn new coping skills. No failures. best....
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Down, out.........Help!

Hi!

Hi IAD

everyone goes through emotional upheavals at some point.

i guess you have to decide, how will you deal with it? through alcohol? or find some other way?

apparently people do apparently find other ways, so i have heard!there is something called sex and others take baths, etc.

if you wake up hungover tomorrow, don't give yourself licence to just get drunk again.

forgive yourself and have a recovery day.

Comment

Down, out.........Help!

Someone here said- 'fall down 7 times, pick yourself up 8 times' or something like that. I think thats one to keep in your mind..B

Comment

Down, out.........Help!

Thanks All...................I'm on the wagon again ! (day 1)
                  IAD
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Down, out.........Help!

One of my many other jobs was to be a weight loss leader -- one of the things that I always tried to stress is exactly what everyone posted to you today. It isn't failure until you quit trying. Stick with it there is nothing to be gained from quitting (the program not the booze).

Job change is hard. I'm sending any good energy I can spare your way!
                    Mama T.
                    Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

Working...
                    X