day 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 5

starting to struggle now, all I seem to think about is alcohol :-S never been a wkend without a drink in 20 years. need to keep busy I think. hugs to u all Dave
    AF since 12/11/12

day 5

Right on Dave, 5 days is wonderful. The body will start to slowly heal itself if you continue to keep the poison out.

When I was young and sick, I would imagine the medicine my Mom gave me as little soldiers runnin around my body beating up the bad things making me sick....LOL

Just imagine now, that those little guys are runnin in YOUR body sweeping, vacuming, and dusting to make it all shiny and new.

Keep it up, hydration and distraction will be your friend this weekend. And probably avoiding any situation where AL will be.

Good luck my friend
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

day 5

thanks nelz, your right I've got to take my medicine if I want to get thru this. just not easy to swallow atm :-)
      AF since 12/11/12

Comment

day 5

dstro;1395411 wrote: thanks nelz, your right I've got to take my medicine if I want to get thru this. just not easy to swallow atm :-)
        Hey D,

I was just using an analogy of your body fixing itself, I was not advocating the use of, or the non use of meds to aid in combating AL

Whatever combination of things it takes for you to succeed well, use that
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

day 5

no my medicine being these withdrawal symptoms :-)
          AF since 12/11/12

Comment

day 5

dstro, I'm on day 4 and can sympathize with the withdrawal symptoms. I posted on another thread that I never want to go thru this hell again. I've said that to myself before but never had them as bad as this time. Here's to your day 5 and my day 4. Let's keep it rolling.

Comment

day 5

Dave and cuckoo: congrats and good luck to us today!
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

day 5

Dave and Cuckoo, Way to go on day 4 and 5. You're doing so well. Stay Strong!
                Dave, 5 was hard for me too but I got through it, things became a bit easy after that, stick with it.
                AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

day 5

Hi Everyone,
                  Just starting day 5 myself. Feeling much better physically, but it's the head chatter that is the hardest to overcome. It is just relentless sometimes. Friday is always a hard day, with the weekend coming up. Good luck and congrats to Dave, Cuckoo and Alcoholic. Let's do our best to hang in there. Going to head over to roll call and post....take care, all!
                  AF since 12/2/12
                  http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

day 5

well done guys,it is hard but keep it up,it will get easier.I found day 4-7 tough but now on day 12 I am so glad I did'nt cave in.Its still not easy but you are here to quit so if you do stumble you will only have to do it all again.Why not just do it once.
                    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

day 5

I also am on day 5 yesterday was an off day for me but okay so far to-day

Comment

day 5

Thank you everyone. To everyone that has a few AF days under their belts, congratulations and I hope we all want to keep it going. Today is day 5 for me and I'm finally starting to feel human.

Comment

Working...
                        X