hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

new to this .started drinking heavy about 20 years ago.got worse and worse.got drunk every night for 14 years.then gave up with the help of aa for 4 years.
    convinced myself a 2 years back that i could drink sensibly.but ive just got worse and worse.getting plasterd every night again.
    this is my first day back off it and i feel like death,sweating shaking.off to an aa meeting tomorrow going to give it my best shot again.feel so disapointed with myself.when i look back i relise how good those dry years were,and i want it back.

hello

Bluebird:
    I've never been to an AA meeting but I believe the mantra is "one day at a time". So, as you said, today is your first day. Just make it through today. The sweating, shaking, I hate that too. It will pass, but if it gets too bad please see a doc. No shame in trying to get better. Please let us know how you are doing. Good to have you with us!
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

hello

Welcome and you will find lots of help here. Hope you feel better and glad you are here.

Sammys

Comment

hello

Keep remembering what you loved about those two years you were sober. You will find your way back, especially considering you have done it before. Best of luck to you!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

hello

Happy days are here again! You realize you can't drink in moderation, you've done it before and you can do it again. Each day you will feel better and better. Keep coming here, you will get tons of support.

Comment

hello

Welcome...

Moderation is tough...

This place can be a great inspiration and help...glad you are here...
            Control the Mind

Comment

hello

Welcome...we're glad you are here---the beginning is tough as you well know. Take good care. There's lots of help and support here!:welcome:
              sri

Comment

hello

Welcome Bluebird! You must feel a sense of relief now. Embrace it and with the advice here and the AA philosophy, you'll be back to your 4 years *hug*

Doo
                :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

hello

thanks all its great to know im not alone .one day down,my minds all over the place,and very tearfull and shakey.got an aa meeting tonight.just said my serenity prayer,havent forgot that.

Comment

hello

hi bluebird and :welcome:

if you haven't done it already, download the MWO book from this site: the advice in it is invaluable. I have no experience of AA but many people here have great success in combining the parts of the 2 programmes that work for them.

Stay with us and keep reading and posting! K

Comment

hello

You'll get there again bluebird. Have faith in yourself. B

Comment

Working...
                      X