when to take naltrexone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when to take naltrexone?

Hi - I'm not quite starting out, I've looked at this site for a good 2 years+, but this is the first time I've posted. I was at 60+ dpw and now I'm at 28 dpw (4 beers a day) or less for one year thanks to naltrexone. I'm happy with where I'm at and don't feel the need to reduce even though part of me wants to (for those not sure on taking this, it has changed my life for the best and kept my family together, no more black-outs, hangovers). Anyway, here's my question: I've been slipping a little taking the pill one hour before but I've always had it the day before. Is the pill most effective 1 hour before? Or, should I just take it every morning during my morning routine so I don't every forget? -thanks!

when to take naltrexone?

The pill lasts 24 hours so it should be ok if you are 1 hr late taking it.... Not sure if that's your question? But both alcohol and naltrexone can cause liver problems so make sure your liver enzymes are checked regularly.
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

when to take naltrexone?

HI Jason, I was told by my doctor to take it one hour before you drink. If you can't remember, you should carry the pills with you at all times. that's what my GP told me. I never ended up taking the Nal because the first time it made me dizzy. I also think that having to wait one hour before you can drink usually makes you forget about having that drink by the time the hour is up. Are you working with TSM?
      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Working...
      X