start of day 3,how do i feel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

craving a drink,and my minds all over the place.3rd day today and 8th day with no drugs.
    aa meeting was a godsend last nite,expected to be cold shouldered,for failing again.but i was welcomed back with open arms by friends old and new,and told itwasnt my time and to start again,forget the guilt i had for throwing away my 4 years sober.
    feeling guilty,shame,confused and down this morning,but know ive got to think posative and put the bad thoughts to bed.
    tools at present,family,friends,this messageboard,and aa.and ive got to not be afraid to talk,carrying my mobile everywhere just incase i need to talk.its so good to know im not alone in this.
    luckily ive still got my business to throw my self into,even having brekfast today ,havent done that for years.
    one day at a time,so i raise my cup of tea to day 3,and lets see how it goes.
    best wishes to everyone and big hugs:l

Well done Bluebird and big hugs right back. forget guilt - what a bloody useless emotion that is. Onwards and upwards. we are all here with and for you.

K

Comment

Positive thoughts are the key and i am trying to train my mind to do that. You try to do the same. Negative thoughts only bring you down. Hold your head up..B

Comment

4 years sober... Bluebird, you can do it again. Learn from that trigger relapse perhaps.

Doo *hug*
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Positive thoughts can sometimes be as hard as not drinking is....if you drink you feel guilty and like shit, seems we all would be able to leave it behind easily, huh? No so easy though, as we all know. BLUEBIRD, LOTS OF HUGS GO TO YOU. I am struggling right now too. Keep coming here and post like mad. It helps keep your thoughts positive even through a rough spot or slip.

Comment

Onward & Upward I say. Negative thoughts only destroy yourself. See how you thought you would get shunned only to be embraced in aa? No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. You did it once & you can do it again.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X