Has anyone tried xanax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried xanax?

My doctor gave me xanax a few months ago when I was having severe panic attacks. I was wondering if this has helped anyone, I mean along with the supps and the cds.

Also I had a dream that we had a giant earthquake, and I was unable to get any vodka and worried about kids......that led me to wonder if my subconsous (sp) was pointing out that I need to be in control.

Anyway have downloaded info for my doctor, plan to highlight certain passages, so he won't be overwhelmed. Plan to come completely clean to him, although I suspect he already knows.

I'm certainly going to enlist his help. Has any one out there been on an antidepressant and started topa?

Thanks for the support, I think it's crucial

Foxglove

Has anyone tried xanax?

Fox

welcome...I have not tried the Topa yet so I can not help you there...I'm sure some others will have some data..

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome
    Control the Mind

Comment

Has anyone tried xanax?

Foxglove, I have been taking Xanax since 2000. My advice is to get off it as soon and if you can. This is highly addictive. There are message boards dedicated just to this subject. Google Xanax addiction and you should find plenty. It was prescribed for me when my Dad died and it calmed me so much. I have social anxiety. So I stayed on it up to 4mg per day. I am currently down to 1 mg a day. I need it to sleep. I tried to stop cold turkey when I got to 1mg. Ended up in the ER with a weird dizzy/fuzzy feeling in my head. Couldn't function at all. It is not a good thing. Hope this helps you,
      All the best
      M

Comment

Has anyone tried xanax?

Highly addictive but luckily I don't like pills. I only took them when I'd wean off alcohol. That's the only time I'd get real panicky. Was given for social anxiety.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Has anyone tried xanax?

iwas in a rehab. they made me pour out all my zannies before i left because there is something in xanax that makes you crave booze

Comment

Has anyone tried xanax?

Hi fox and welcome. I have not tried xanax and by the sounds of it thats a good thing but I am on effexor. I was on 150mg a day and found my drinking just went from bad to worse as hangovers just basically dropped right off and I needed more grog to get the fantastic high. Since starting the programme and coming on these boards I have since found out that effexor has been attributed to enhancing alcohol cravings. I still take 75mg a day of effexor with 200mg of topamax and they have no interaction problem but my intension is to drop the effexor eventually just life circumstances at this point don't make it possible. Today is day 100 AF for me, not that I am excited, can't you tell. the programme does work if you make it work as I'm the last person that thought I could make it this far. I hope I have helped answer your question. Welcome and good luck. Kim
            Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Working...
            X